U/W Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwtan

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for U/W camera.. looking at Ikelite AquaShot & Sea & Sea MX5.. still cannot decide onwhich to get.. anyone out there willing to share their experiences with U/W camera? Any comments on both cameras mentioned?

Hello cwtn and welcome to the board. While not the best u/w water photographer, I have shot a few rolls. UW photograhpy is a lot different than topside. It is almost impossible to get good photos at any depth, say 10+, without a strobe. That being said, don't consider any camera that does not have an EXTERNAL strobe, the internal flash usally makes things worse. You will want one very soon after you start shooting uw so it's best to go ahead and get one in a package and save a few bucks. You will sooner or later want to add extra lens like closeup and macro lenses, so again, limit your selections to cameras that offer them as accesarys, they are not as important as the strobe in the beginning but I can assure you, you will eventually want them. Try doing a word search on this board and look at some of the earlier posts, this question has been addressed in several threads.

The Ikelite Aqua Shot II that I had was wholly unreliable, but took good pictures when it worked. I wouldn't buy another.

Good Luck.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom