U.s.s. Oriskany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All right whooohoo let's go dive! :monkeydan

douglasville diver:
She's upright boys and girls, upright I say!
Top of the tower is @ 69fsw,
flight deck is @ 130 fsw.
Get ready to dive!
Good Seas
Dave

I just read an AP report that says different here are the highlights

- Navy divers confirmed she's upright oriented north/south
- 150ft to flight deck
- divers could see tower from the surface
- 100ft viz

Here is the link
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/breaking_news/14612106.htm

Lukiedukie:
I just read an AP report that says different here are the highlights

- Navy divers confirmed she's upright oriented north/south
- 150ft to flight deck
- divers could see tower from the surface
- 100ft viz

Here is the link
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/breaking_news/14612106.htm

Divers retrieving the cameras from MBT reported 130-134

"But Phillips and his crew said their dive instruments indicated the flight deck at a depth of between 130 and 134 feet."

I am so there. I served onboard an aircraft carrier for 5 years and I would totally love visiting one at the bottom of the sea!

Well, at least this gives me yet another excuse to get up off my butt and leave Japan for a little vacation back in the good 'ol US!

I read that, but at those depths I think those 20' are a huge difference. I guess we will have to wait for the more divers to report to see who is closer. I am leaning towards the Navy divers

If that's Jim from MBT Divers telling us it's 69' and 130', I'm inclined to believe Jim.

Now maybe there's some trim or list which could put a corner of this huge deck closer to 150' if she went into the sand harder than planned, but if the deck near the Island is around 130-132' as per the MBT report, then that'll work for most of the divers who are going to use the island as their descent/ascent area anyway.

I want warmer water, so want to be there mid-late June.

is there any wait period with a ship like this just in case it were to fall over? wouldn't it be a bummer to be inside of it and have it roll over after settling into the sand...

Diver to himself;

"that light hole is gone... am i moving? hey, whats going on here...ughh, geezzz..."

The 69fsw was from the MBT dive site don't know if it was from JIM or not but would sure like to meet him .
I want to thank the U.S. NAVY for all the hard work and effort that was spent in this effort [ i.e. YOU THINK YOU USED ENOUGH DINOMITE THERE BUTCH] Great job! 37 min, un-real - DOE rocks!
Lets go.
Good Seas
Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom