U.S.Divers Jet-Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcarpini

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anybody here dive a Jet-Air? how well do they breath? how does it compare with the DA Aquamaster? Is the Jet-Air worth rebuilding?

The Jet Air is basically a DW Mistral in a plastic case. It is an unbalanced single stage design, and since it is an unpstream unbalanced diaphragm design, it will actually get easier to breathe as the tank pressure falls.

Properly tuned, they breathe very well. The inhalation effort is not spectacular compared to a well tuned DA or Royal Aquamaster, but due to the venturi effect, once the air flow starts the work fo breathing is very low. It work well with a Jet Air, DW, etc to use a breathing pattern with a long slow inhalation cycle.

They are well worth rebuilding in my opinion and the major donwisde for "modern" diving is that it will not accomodate an octo or a low pressure inflator as it lacks the hooka port found on the DA and RAM. Also, to use an SPG you'll need to be sure t has a long yoke to accommodate a banjo fitting, or you will need a vintage tank valve with a HP port in the valve.

I dive a reproduction of it's Voit cousin the (Faux) Blue 50 Fathom. It for me most part dives like any other DH reg although it does make an unusal noise when you inhale due to the single stage. If you attach it to a tank that is fairly high in pressure, over 2500, it can be a little hard to breath from and mine will squeal. You can get everything you need to restore at Vintage Double hose including a reproduction long yoke so the banjo will fit or you can just dive it with a J valve. If you like DH regs, it is well worth rebuilding.

Basically any US Divers or Voit two hose regulator is worth rebuilding and better than original parts are available such as silicone hoses, mouthpieces, duckbill valves and diaphragms

On second thought it's a very dangerous piece of crap and must be disposed of by a trained hasmat personal...I have the training and will dispose of it for you free of charge.

.....and if you believe that I also have a bridge for sale. :)

Yes, they are fantastic regulators. :D I am biased though! the one on ebay is mine. Seriously they are very nice single stage regulators. I find the WHOOSH sound they make comforting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom