Typhoon Ursula: All Anilao dive boats grounded Dec 24 + PG transfers cxd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any updates on status of the islands of Malapascua and Cebu (Moalboal area)?

I will be in Malapascua Jan 3-10 and Moalboal Jan 10-14. Trying to see if my trip needs to be changed. Thank you all. Hope everyone is safe and sound

Are there any updates on status of the islands of Malapascua and Cebu (Moalboal area)?

I will be in Malapascua Jan 3-10 and Moalboal Jan 10-14. Trying to see if my trip needs to be changed. Thank you all. Hope everyone is safe and sound
You should be fine.
A lot of operators posted "up-date" on FB so have a look.

Good luck.

As far as I can tell from local news reports your trip likely won't be affected much.

There was definitely an impact to the area , wind damage and a some unfortunate deaths from debris and a few drownings. Prayers to those lost and affected.

As I understand, power has been restored to most remote areas, ferry service and airports are up and running again. The Philippines is pretty good at cleaning up and moving on after typhoons.

Will try to update this post later this weekend.

Thanks for the updates all. So unfortunate about the loss of life. Thoughts and prayers for the lost.

Any idea if the reefs will have taken a hit? I don't know much about typhoons. Just trying to get this all figured out because I have trip insurance and can switch do a different location last minute if needed. As of now, I think I am going to stick it out though.

Thanks again all

Any idea if the reefs will have taken a hit? I don't know much about typhoons. Just trying to get this all figured out because I have trip insurance and can switch do a different location last minute if needed. As of now, I think I am going to stick it out though.

It's possible that some reefs may have sustained damage to varying degrees. Might have to wait a day or two for any reports to come in.

Reefs here are as accustomed to typhoon damage, as much as corals n creatures can be I guess LOL. Reefs on Eastern shores would be affected the most, with reefs on the North and Sound shores being slightly less affected. I would guess that the Western shores would have been affected little to none. Either way, shallow reefs near shore would obviously be more affected than deeper reef walls.

As the previous posters have said Ocean Vida and Evolution have posted on FB that they are diving again. Evolution has said that the reefs have not been affected and that there were threshers at Monad Shoal this morning.We have friends in Anilao at present and they are also diving.The typhoon bypassed Puerto Galera.

Please please please spread this word and do not cancel any planned trips to the Philippines.The diving industry in islands like Malapascua is a huge part of the local economy and the very best thing divers can do is to visit again.

We have friends in Anilao at present and they are also diving.The typhoon bypassed Puerto Galera.

Please please please spread this word and do not cancel any planned trips to the Philippines.

^^ This!

I am in PG now, as is another of our fellow SBer. Weather is fine and the sea is flat calm! "Come on in, the water's fine!" :thumb2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom