Typhoon Discovery Drysuits? Also some drysuit help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kairoos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone share their experiences with this suit? The $599 price on eBay is very attractive, and they're sold by reputable vendors.

I'm not looking for any super crazy drysuit. The water rarely gets colder than 72F here, but I still get pretty cold in a 5/4/3 at that temperature, so I think I want to try diving dry.

I'm also considering the SEAC Warmdry, and the Hollis BX200.

There are two things that would be important to me with a drysuit:
1. I'd like to be able to dive the drysuit when the water is 83F as well. Odds are I'd probably just throw on a 3mm wetsuit, but if I end up really enjoying diving dry, I may want to dive dry year round. The SEAC Warmdry is a 4mm neoprene drysuit, so I think that one may be disqualified.
2. The other things is that I'd like to be able to dive a full foot pocket fin. I have some freediving blades I really like and I can get a bigger foot pocket if I need to fit boots inside the pocket. Or maybe I can get open foot pockets with removable blades? I don't know if I want to go that route though.

I'm a bit confused on how the boots work with drysuits. It seems like some drysuits have boots attached, some have socks, and some have none? The Typhoon page states that the Discovery "comes with socks and overboots". So I assume that the socks are attached and the boots just go on like a regular boot/shoe?

Have you seen the video posted by the makers of the Discovery suit, Typhoon International?
Yes! I was hoping for some feedback from people who have been diving this suit. I'm concerned about the quality and longevity of a $599 drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom