Tyler State Park June 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going, will be camping starting Thursday night - Anyone else camping?

I also might be buddy-less, he's still on the fence...anyone else in need of a buddy?

-mitch-:
I'm going, will be camping starting Thursday night - Anyone else camping?

I also might be buddy-less, he's still on the fence...anyone else in need of a buddy?

Well, Im leaving now so if anyone needs a buddy call me 903.436.5257 I will be there until then!

Hey blindref,
Don't know if you got my PM, but anyhoo tomorrow I'll look for a guy with a pink tank! I know what Foo & hubby look like from their pic so I'll see if they can't point you out. I'll likely be driving a red Ford Escape. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hopefully I won't have a pink tank!!! If I do, it means that something went REALLY wrong!!! I PM'd you back...but I drive a Red F-150 Extended Cab. I'll be looking for you...It's going to be packed...so earlier is better.

I'll plan on leaving around 6ish since its about a 2 hour trip for me. Odd - I didn't get the PM but then there are still some SB functionality issues going on. If you need to email me, I'm at scubabum2@yahoo.com.

So...how did this event go??

150 Divers in a small lake that is only 20 feet deep spells really ugly viz...but the event was really good. ScubaSteve's raised around $5000 for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, and every diver went home with some sort of prize. There were a lot of SB'ers there...and I had a great time diving with Scubabum2 and visiting with Foo. The event was a big success. Next year's event will be a rodeo...so hone your skills and come next year.

Yes, the TSP event was lots of fun. Scuba Steve’s did an outstanding job on staffing and organizing the event. Two little boys from Scottish Rite were also out there and got to participate in some of the day’s events.

On the trash dive, Blindref & I found one rusted-out can between the two of us - there’s just not much trash to begin with in the lake. On the Treasure Hunt, I think we spent about 15 minutes underwater to get our catch limit (2 each) on prize flags. We did one more dive in the afternoon around the Brushpile area. With 150 divers in the water, well you can guess what the vis was like in most spots. I’m looking forward to going back out for some dives when the water’s normal. There was quite a few fish out there.

I also enjoyed meeting up with Foo & Donald and Twinklez. Saw some old friends, David & Lily from the Dillo’s. Mitch, I don’t think we crossed paths – what group were you in? Since there were so many divers, the organizers broke us into 5 or 6 groups with colored wristbands and we dove in designated areas (we were in the yellow group). With the split groups, you kind of hung out in your group for some of the time and then everyone got together at points during the day.

The prizes were good (good sponsorship) and I think just about everyone got something, even the few folks that didn’t come up with a prize flag. Scuba Steve’s also had a tank giveaway where you guessed the PSI in a scuba tank. You may want to ask Blindref if you can borrow his new red tank for a dive or two…

The Trashfest was a complete success- beautiful weather with a good breeze, safe and enjoyable fun for everyone! Thanks to everyone who came and made it an awesome day.

As far as the PRIZES... no one better to tell you about those than Blindref! That lucky dog won a Mares BC, a mask and snorkel, AND he won the new red AL80! He was trying not to act all bad, but wow- he racked up. I won a nice pair of binoculars, and Donald won a women's XS Mares wetsuit... lol.

It was great to meet ScubaBum also! Hope to dive with you soon. Twinkelz stayed in the campsite next to ours. I got a rush after the dives, when she and about 6-7 other crazy people decided to rock my rv while I was napping! I thought it was a frickin' earthquake. I don't think I was real nice at first... lol.

Well now... BlindRef757 can step away from that Pink Cylinder forever huh ? :mooner:

I see he didn't win a "Big Black Hose" so he still has some real effective Swamp gear to collect now doesn't he :D

I hope Ya'll said "SNAP" to Bubba The Bass for me :wink:

Back
Top Bottom