Tyler SP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Timeliner and I had a good day of just flat out lazy diving.....the park was in fine shape with a few campers and day visitors! My first time to dive this little lake. Quite a few fish and several turtles. The vis was probably 10-12ft.. We were the only divers on the lake,,saw a few canoers.
#1 dive 22ffw/82 minutes/50f--tour of part of the lake.
#2 dive 12ffw/74 minutes/63f--hung out at the 'brush pile'.

:D

I will need to remember that the fish prefer Oscar Mayer Hot Dogs to the Bar-F Brand I brought yesterday.
One word of caution... people lips are the same color as hot dogs and so when you see a crappie hovering close to your mask her/she is not being friendly.:no
I didn't get snapped yesterday but darned near did.
The fish & turtles truly are the best part of that lake

It was a good day to work out buoyancy issues in shallow water with different tanks/gear set ups. We were slung with enough gas to do deco dives. Shoot, we could have spent the night on the bottom of the lake we had so much gas. :D

There wasn't too much snow ( :rofl3:) so the surface intervals were not bad at all.

Thanks for the report. Glad you guys survived with no DCS or underwater wildlife injuries. Too bad you didnt get a picture of a snowman in scuba gear.

Willie

You know, I believe Scuba Steve's has it's season opener scheduled for May 5 at Tyler State Park. The season opener is just all-out diving and lots of really good food! We do a pot luck usually and there are some really great cooks that turn out. You might want to consider coming out for that as well.

Twinklez:
You know, I believe Scuba Steve's has it's season opener scheduled for May 5 at Tyler State Park. The season opener is just all-out diving and lots of really good food! We do a pot luck usually and there are some really great cooks that turn out. You might want to consider coming out for that as well.

I was not aware scuba was a seasonal thing... :eyebrow: :wink:

I guess for "some" people it can be seasonal and/or regional. Not me! Though I didn't dive as much during the winter I certainly didn't stay dry either.

Some day when I'm rich and famous I'll get a nice drysuit and dive all winter long without slowing down! Right now that 5mil only last just so long below 60 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom