Tyler SP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just curious....anyone dove Tyler State Park pond of late?

I bet it will be pretty clear about now and getting sorta warm on top too.
Don't forget to bring hot dogs for the fish :wink:

Maybe next weekend? Easter weekend is out. I agree with Timeliner, the vis is probably the best it will be for a while. You wanna go out there, Alan? Frank?

Foo:
Maybe next weekend? Easter weekend is out. I agree with Timeliner, the vis is probably the best it will be for a while. You wanna go out there, Alan? Frank?

Foo.... yea on Sunday Frank and I are going to swim the TSP lake for something diff. but still close as in a day trip.....being Easter we will probably spend allot of the time just popping up scareing kids and old people who are hunting eggs and treats :eyebrow: .
:D :wink:

blindref757... you are welcome to hook up...10amish at the bath house area to meet up.

Okay, I'm in the dark. Where is exactly is Tyler State Park, how good is the vis, and what are the best options/procedures for diving there? (Sorry for my laziness...I know I could get out a map or Google it, but I thought I'd pick ya'll's brains for the best info.)

Guba... just Google it and look up Tyler State Park.
When you pull up that website click the park map link and open the pdf. file of the park.
We'll be at the Bath House by the swim beach at around 10.

The water is not too bad there sorta clear sometimes. It's a very clean lake with virtually no trash. Not very deep maybe 30 something feet. Not a lot to look at in the middle of the lake but there are a bunch of fish there along the shoreline grasses and brush piles.

Sundays forecast: 33f morning and 56f in the afternoon...30% chance of morning showers. Sounds like a nice scuba diving day.

I was gonna go, but that 33 degree stuff is making me whimp out. I googled, and googleearthed, and it looks like an easy trip.

We need a dive report when you guys get back.

Have a fun trip!

Kory

Kunk35:
I was gonna go, but that 33 degree stuff is making me whimp out. I googled, and googleearthed, and it looks like an easy trip.

We need a dive report when you guys get back.

Have a fun trip!

Kory

Kory your not a whimp....were just a bit crazy!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom