Tying DSS Bungee Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaeger62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a DSS mount for my Suunto Vyper and looking for instructions or possible videos on how to tie the bungee to it.

I think I'd prefer to go with the one cord method over the 2 cords.

Thanks!

I prefer two cords so if one breaks, it's still on my wrist at the end of a dive. I use a fishermans knot (?) so have a loop that can be adjusted if switching different thicknesses of suit. Can post pictures if anyone's interested or needs.

I prefer two cords so if one breaks, it's still on my wrist at the end of a dive. I use a fishermans knot (?) so have a loop that can be adjusted if switching different thicknesses of suit. Can post pictures if anyone's interested or needs.

Two separate loops for redundancy or *one continuous" piece??? I can hear the gears grinding the heads of GUE trained divers. :) The reality is with the method shown in my video it would be pretty hard to lose the instrument even if the bungee failed. It would have to unlace from the rest of mount to come completely loose.

DSS has never had a "recommended" lacing path, it has always been our intent that each user can pick what works best for them.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom