TX100 first stage problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepScuba:
I would have liked to see him take both 2nd stages off and leave the air turned on for a while :)

I KNEW you were thinking it deepblue!
I have to admit, I was wondering<g> Well Phil don't keep us all in suspense what did the shop say was the cause of your IP creep?

It's to limit the closing springs required size and to limit the maximum pressure that can ever be applied to shut the HP valve. And it isn't new...

Anyway 3 places for the leak....

Let us know :)

Truva

So, here's the end of the story. Had a chance to take my reg to a shop yesterday. Lo and behold, the IP was spot on! Pressurized the reg and no freeflow. The tech can't think of what could have caused the problem. Nor could I or my buddy. He opened the first stage and said it looked new inside. No water or contaminants had entered.

I'll just take it with me to Sharm as planned and dive with it, assuming that it behaves properly. Thanks very much to all who replied! Now I think I'll take my car to the garage. It's making this funny noise...

Phil

truva:
That “balance chamber” thing just looks like a stupid idea or (I am missing the point?), I need to give that some more thought…

Think I will be staying with my DS4 and DST regulators, I guess everyone has to offer fixes for non-problems to sell more stuff…

Truva

I suspect you would find that both the DST and DS4 are balanced 1sts. There are few if any unbalanced diaphrams any more.

That chamber is behind the valve stem and it places IP gas to balance that with the gas pressure (IP) on the other side of the seat. I really see no reason for this, it has nothing to do with it being balance to relative pressure, it looks like another point of failure for no real gain....

Truva

Back
Top Bottom