Two PADI PIC cards for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungoverDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bought a collection of PADI PIC cards a while back, but won't be taking any more courses through PADI, so trying to clear them out. Asking $18/card, will entertain reasonable offers.

See Ebay listing.

Price revised from $25/card to $18/card

Last edited:
Problem is these are sold new from PADI for $20.....

How do you buy them from PADI? You aren't the first person to tell me this, but every dive shop in my area sells them for $30! I had to pay $30+tax for each. So frustrating!

Be a Divemaster or above and you can buy them direct-

How do you buy them from PADI? You aren't the first person to tell me this, but every dive shop in my area sells them for $30! I had to pay $30+tax for each. So frustrating!

called buying wholesale selling retail...pic envelope not very valuable to anyone but instructors. useless until an instructor fills it out ..cost of pic usually included in the price of a course. Pic is actually not to be sold to anyone but dm and higher.

I don't suppose the store you purchased them from would take them back if you had a receipt?
While they are not the latest revision, they are still valid for use.

I'm not trying to be an a$$ (it comes naturally), but sometimes, when you try to cheat the system, it reaches up and bites you in the behind. You thought you'd save a few bucks on a PIC (really, 5 bucks on a $30 item?) and now you're kinda stuck with them, because an instructor will buy them from PADI directly using the online PIC, which is way easier and less hassle, and the only person who would want yours would be someone getting instruction for free from a buddy. So, you are advertising them in the right place, because someone will want them, but really? 5 bucks?

I'm not trying to be an a$$ (it comes naturally), but sometimes, when you try to cheat the system, it reaches up and bites you in the behind. You thought you'd save a few bucks on a PIC (really, 5 bucks on a $30 item?) and now you're kinda stuck with them, because an instructor will buy them from PADI directly using the online PIC, which is way easier and less hassle, and the only person who would want yours would be someone getting instruction for free from a buddy. So, you are advertising them in the right place, because someone will want them, but really? 5 bucks?

I'm certainly not trying to cheat the system. In fact I'm just trying to recover cost after being screwed over by a local LDS. I bought 5 PIC cards with package deal to become "Master Scuba Diver" and took 2 of the courses. The instruction was awful and I wasn't learning anything, so I cancelled my last three courses and was refunded the prepaid instructor costs (since I didn't receive instruction on the last three courses). The shop would not take returns on the crew packs or PIC cards since it had been more than 90 day return policy. I was able to sell the crew packs elsewhere along with one of my remaining PIC cards.

I just want to know what fair market price is for these. I had to buy them at $30 each and the shop won't buy them back. I'm not trying to save a buck or cheat the system. Just trying to liquidate these last two cards.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2014 at 12:30 PM ----------

called buying wholesale selling retail...pic envelope not very valuable to anyone but instructors. useless until an instructor fills it out ..cost of pic usually included in the price of a course. Pic is actually not to be sold to anyone but dm and higher.

Every course I've taken with PADI has had the PIC price added on. $130 for instruction, ~$30 for crewpack, $30 for PIC card, all as separate costs.

I'm certainly not trying to cheat the system. In fact I'm just trying to recover cost after being screwed over by a local LDS. I bought 5 PIC cards with package deal to become "Master Scuba Diver" and took 2 of the courses. The instruction was awful and I wasn't learning anything, so I cancelled my last three courses and was refunded the prepaid instructor costs (since I didn't receive instruction on the last three courses). The shop would not take returns on the crew packs or PIC cards since it had been more than 90 day return policy. I was able to sell the crew packs elsewhere along with one of my remaining PIC cards.

I just want to know what fair market price is for these. I had to buy them at $30 each and the shop won't buy them back. I'm not trying to save a buck or cheat the system. Just trying to liquidate these last two cards.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2014 at 12:30 PM ----------

Every course I've taken with PADI has had the PIC price added on. $130 for instruction, ~$30 for crewpack, $30 for PIC card, all as separate costs.

That's crappy. Both to add the PIC price on, as well as the instruction. There will be a ton of PADI instructors in your area to finish up your MSD course if you like. It's LDSs like that that give PADI a bad name.

Fair market (to me) is 20 bucks, as that's what instructors pay for them. But as I say, I'd find an independent instructor to finish my courses....

And I apologize for thinking you were trying to save a few bucks. I've never heard of a LDS marking up a PIC when they got the sale of the course, too.

I would finish up except that I don't want to deal with PADI or a PADI instructor ever again (no offense to the good PADI instructors, we just haven't met yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom