Two nearly new DSS Stainless backplates, Wings, Etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not true....

For our rigs (mine/wife's/daughter's) I use a piece of bungie that is tied through two holes on the plate making a loop that I put over the weight pocket (XS Scuba) to keep it tucked.... belt slides fine....

YMMV
Sounds like a good idea. I think I've got it, but could you post a pic?

small plates are no longer as hard to find, subgravity and oxycheq both have reasonably priced options cheaper than halcyon. the tall plates are very desirable because the only sources currently i've seen are in europe.

I have no idea what Tobin charged for his gear but that sounds more like the price I'd expect for each bp+wing rather than both. Or am I just misunderstanding you?

Yes I would sell the large s.s. plate, Glide adapter, hogarthian harness and LCD30 as one unit.

The small (short) s.s. plate, glide adapter, hogarthian harness, and LCD20 as another separate unit.

Both are singles.

Both the large and small plates are worth more than a medium.

The Easy Glide is an interesting option that I haven't seen before. I had their Pro-Fit harness and did not like it very much, I eventually replaced it with a standard harness.

I found an old video on it. Do you have this later version of the Easy Glide?

The drawback would be that you couldn't fix pockets on the waist band.

Yes both plates have the Easy Glide option and make adjustment and on/off very easy.

Sounds like a good idea. I think I've got it, but could you post a pic?

See what I can do... Current Ice Age and Global Pandemic have gear stashed away.... see what i can access...

very simple - knot on bungie on back side of plate, pass through plate, form a loop about the size of your fist, then back through next hole on plate, secured with another knot (I backed the knots with SS washers). Stretch the loop over face of pocket....

See what I can do... Current Ice Age and Global Pandemic have gear stashed away.... see what i can access...

very simple - knot on bungie on back side of plate, pass through plate, form a loop about the size of your fist, then back through next hole on plate, secured with another knot (I backed the knots with SS washers). Stretch the loop over face of pocket....
Got it.

Back
Top Bottom