Two nearly new DSS Stainless backplates, Wings, Etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I Have two nearly new Deep Sea Supply Stainless Steel backplates ( One Large, One Small), Both have the Easy Glide harness Option, Two deep Sea Supply LCS wings, One is an LCD30 and One is a LCD 20.

The 30 was used by me twice in lake dives back in 2018.
The 20 was used just once in a lake dive back in 2018.

The 20 was used with a steel 80
The 30 was used with a steel 100

Both worked well with minimal weight.

All was rinsed dried and put away until now.
All done diving with knee surgeries imminent.

need to sell but can't remember at all what I paid for the two set-ups. I'm remembering close to 550 + for both.

Any clues here? Need to post them up for sale.

The plates are nice, the GHA is liked by some, and not by others. Wings are nice sized singles wings. Thing is, DSS is no more, so those wings have fallen out of favor as Tobin isnt around to aid in a repair should you need it (still, they are good).

You can research what they have sold here for, but it likely can be all over the place.

Look at what a complete package is for a DR or HOG, and consider being in under that.

I really like the shallow bend of these plates with singles.

Sorry to hear you are out of diving....

You need to change the title to reflect the size of the plates. Used short plates of any kind are unicorns, so you should really consider highlighting that one separately.

The plates are nice, the GHA is liked by some, and not by others. Wings are nice sized singles wings. Thing is, DSS is no more, so those wings have fallen out of favor as Tobin isnt around to aid in a repair should you need it (still, they are good).

You can research what they have sold here for, but it likely can be all over the place.

Look at what a complete package is for a DR or HOG, and consider being in under that.

I really like the shallow bend of these plates with singles.

Sorry to hear you are out of diving....
LCD wings have a zipper and are easy to fix in case the bladder develops a leak.

You need to change the title to reflect the size of the plates. Used short plates of any kind are unicorns, so you should really consider highlighting that one separately.
So that would mean they are more desireable or less desireable?

So that would mean they are more desireable or less desireable?

More. Unicorn=rare. When I posted my Halycon short plate on FB. It sold within an hour.

Both the large and small plates are worth more than a medium.

The Easy Glide is an interesting option that I haven't seen before. I had their Pro-Fit harness and did not like it very much, I eventually replaced it with a standard harness.

I found an old video on it. Do you have this later version of the Easy Glide?

The drawback would be that you couldn't fix pockets on the waist band.

The drawback would be that you couldn't fix pockets on the waist band.

Not true....

For our rigs (mine/wife's/daughter's) I use a piece of bungie that is tied through two holes on the plate making a loop that I put over the weight pocket (XS Scuba) to keep it tucked.... belt slides fine....

YMMV

'm remembering close to 550 + for both.
I have no idea what Tobin charged for his gear but that sounds more like the price I'd expect for each bp+wing rather than both. Or am I just misunderstanding you?

Back
Top Bottom