Two Korean tec divers missing off Batangas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bodies were located (inside cave) by combined team from P.I. NAVSOG and George Ang Du Pay (Boardwalk Dive Center/Scubabro Resort).

Word-of-mouth reports say there was no guideline laid into the cave. Deco stages were with them. Found together.

There is another cave other than the one at Mapating? Or they were divng the deep chamber inside the Mapating Cave(cavern)?

Hello,
In Mapating at 45m you have this huge cave which branches in two large tunnels and there is no way to get stuck here as you could drive a car and it is a dead end.
But in one of these two tunnels, there is a small restriction on the left side. This restriction is small enough to go through with double and after you get a big more space in a passage which, after a few meters, takes you to a big nice cave at 60 meters (dead end also). From the restriction to the cave, a line is a must as it is difficult not to silt the passage.
I did it a number of time and if you silt the passage on your way in, it is difficult to find your way out even if you are in the passage as there is a few smalll turns. With no visi and no line it is easy to get disoriented.
Now I don't know what happened to these divers but any way, take all your dive seriously; there is no safe dive.
Jale.

There is another cave other than the one at Mapating? Or they were divng the deep chamber inside the Mapating Cave(cavern)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom