twin tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sky50960

Reaction score
I would like to buy twin tanks

i was thinking of the mares twin tank set.

I am not lookink to build it myself.

But it is very heavy...

Is there something less heavy ( i dont like
wieght on my back, i prefere to put some more weight
on my belt )

This mares set is about 20 kg for 2 times 10 l 200 bar

Any advise

sky

Where these tanks aluminum or Steel? And what capacity are they?

What kind of diving are you planning on doing with them? Fresh or salt? Diving wet or dry? Extended range?

I don't know what kind of cylinders Mares uses, but there's a good chance they're Heisers, which are very heavy cylinders that I'd avoid.

Also I'd recommend that you learn how to assemble the doubles yourself. Unless you live in an area that a major hotbed of technical diving, shops know diddly about assembling doubles (though they'll never admit that to you). You can destroy the crossover manifold threads very easily and shops that are only used to spinning on and off valves can easily cross thread the fine threads found on the crossover.

It's not hard to assemble doubles, but it does take a little time to assure that it's done right. For a shop, time is money so they have a tendency to rush the job.

Roak

20 Kg?
That's the lightest set of doubles I've ever heard of.
Even a set of AL 80's with manifold is going to weigh over 30 Kg.
Or are you talking 40 Kg, which is about right for double 104's?
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom