Twin Lakes Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cudabait

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I arrives a little early and waited leisurely for Colt to arrive. Went to the East end and walked around by the pine trees. Saw a couple of turtles on a partially submerged tractor tire. The water looked clear and inviting. Colt appeared and we geared up for our first dive. HOT! That's what the water was (is) 3mm was too much today. Thanks for the good breeze we had. Surface temp was 95. Coolest reading we had was 84 at 30 feet. Shortie next time!! We saw Mr. G inside the bus....VERY large catfish. Actually, the largest fish I've seen to date in the lake. I think he just hangs around sucking in bass and perch of which there were many of all sizes. All in all a good first dive.

Second dive...along south shoreline to roadbed and return. Uneventful as far as fish. Colt paid for his trip with a nice mask he recovered.

Looking forward to the next time. PS...viz was 15 to 20 to 25' then it got very cloudy, to 4-5' viz.

Regards,

I can't understand all of the hype about Twin Lakes. I want there the fall before last and had an ok time, but certanly not memorable. Has the park cahanged since then? Is the diving diffrent now? Should I give it another try?
Thanks

I have only been going for about the last month so I am not sure what it used to be like. But like TL cause it is close and I am new to diving so it is a good place for me to work on basic skills. Plus there are fish and docks until Blue Lagoon which is a three hour drive for me. I am sure once I start diving offshore which will be soon I don't think I will dive at TL much.

lackingcreativity:
I can't understand all of the hype about Twin Lakes. I want there the fall before last and had an ok time, but certanly not memorable. Has the park cahanged since then? Is the diving diffrent now? Should I give it another try?
Thanks

TL is not my favorite dive site....far from it. However, I try to see my glass as half full.

Regards,

lackingcreativity:
Thanks

I don't think it's a matter of hype for TL but rather a lack of better diving in the area. If we had close reefs and $50 charters like the Florida Keys I doubt you'd see anybody at TL or BL except classes and eqpt. checkouts.

Most people can only afford (cost or time) a few rig dives or vacations a year but want to get wet a lot more than that.

You know something better around here for under $50?

I like the docks for ease of entry / exit. The setup tables are definitly a plus when you don't have an SUV or truck to gear up in. And there are plenty of picnic tables to sit at. TL and BL are about equal distance for me but I really enjoy the fishies at TL. I haven't been to the East end yet but sounds like I need to.

ReefHound:
I don't think it's a matter of hype for TL but rather a lack of better diving in the area. If we had close reefs and $50 charters like the Florida Keys I doubt you'd see anybody at TL or BL except classes and eqpt. checkouts.

Most people can only afford (cost or time) a few rig dives or vacations a year but want to get wet a lot more than that.

You know something better around here for under $50?

I'll give you this one. :11ztongue

Yeah we had a great couple of dives all for under $13 dollars! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom