Twin Lakes/Houston this weekend 1/22-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froglady

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading to Houston/Galveston this weekend and plan on diving Twin Lakes. They don't fill tanks there in winter months. Where can I get air fills? Will any one else be diving there this weekend? Besides Twin Lakes where esle can you dive in the area? More importantly is anyone doing night dives there?

Looking for hotels in Houston area? Site seeing in or around Houston area? Good resturants?

Reesa

Froglady:
Heading to Houston/Galveston this weekend and plan on diving Twin Lakes. They don't fill tanks there in winter months. Where can I get air fills? Will any one else be diving there this weekend? Besides Twin Lakes where esle can you dive in the area? More importantly is anyone doing night dives there?

Looking for hotels in Houston area? Site seeing in or around Houston area? Good resturants?

i along with my buddy christa will be there. im not sure which day (maybe both, but if you would like, i would be more than happy to call you, or vice versa (check your PM), with details when we arrange them. we will both be going out with our drysuits and camera equiptment to practice some techniques.

We have plans for the weekend and won't be at the lake. There aren't any dive shops nearby for air fills so if you pass one on the way, stop and get them there!

There are literally thousands of hotels around Houston! A bit more info would be needed for recommendations. Ditto on activities. Where are you coming from? What area will you be in besides TL?

Dee
Sorry to miss you again. We will be coming from The Colony,Tx. Found a few hotel choices near downtown Houston we are looking at. Two young teens with me to entertain. Looking into museums and maybe the underground world.
Reesa

If you're gonna be downtown, don't miss The Aquarium restaurant. There's a small amusement park thingy attached to it and the aquariums are very good. Musuem of Natural History close to Herman Park is also great for kids.

I don't think you want to take the kids to the 'underground' part of Houston! But the shopping and stuff in the tunnels under downtown is cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom