TUSA Xpert Zoom Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've owned the TUSA Xpert Zooms. They're a well made product, but somewhat awkward due to their length and angle. They're also not good for alternate kicking techniques. For open heel split fins I prefer the Apollo Bio Fin Pros - superior performance in all areas, and love the C-Series spring straps too. However, my new favorite is the Atomic Full-Foot Split Fin - great for travel; light, quick, comfortable, with exceptional precision control, and acceleration.

So how much stiffer are the Black Zoom's? I'm in the middle of OW now and so far they've had us try out paddles, split's (the Tusa's, but a non-black model), and Volo's. Both the wife and I liked the Tusa's the best so we went ahead and picked them up (needed for the 3rd class anyway). I *thought* there was a difference, but didn't to my homework before goint to the LDS and the sales girl didn't know the difference. I'm thinking about exchanging the Yellow's that I picked out for the Blacks, on the assumption that the Blue's seemed failry "easy" and as I get more time in the water I'll appreciate the extra stiffness.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with the paddles, just felt the Split's were a much better balance.

Thanks,

-travis

I have only tried the black and I was very impressed with them. They performed as well as the paddles and I had no leg muscle fatigue after multiple dives. I am switching to split fins and the Zooms are one brand I am considering.

I ave 2 sets of fins, one pair being the Xpert zooms. I love them. I traded in my still Avanti plana fins after I found that I was exhausted after a dive and my calf's hurt. I just don't use them if I am diving when I know there is a current

ng.priscilla:
Can i jus ask which fins are lighter as compared between Tusa Xpert Zoom fins, ScubaPro Twin Jets & Apollo Bio Fins?

Lighter in your dive bag or in the water? Of these, the TwinJets will be the heaviest in either case. I don't know about Bios vs Zooms.

The link to the article in post 44 was pretty consistent with my own experience diving the Zooms the last year.

Pretty detailed article, too. Though it was 4 years old.

I Have Dove The Quattros For The Last 5 Years. However, The Expert Zooms Are Frickin' Great. I Can Even Frog Kick In Them No Problemo! These Kick *** And Are Lighter In Weight. However, In Strong Current They Are Tougher To Get Around Than My Quattros.

While I don't doubt that the Zoom's are good as a whole, has anyone specifically compared them on the basis of the "normal" red/yellow/blue/etc vs the stiffer all-black version?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom