TUSA Xpert Zoom Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

splits are not the right type of fins for frog kickers. you really need a solid fin for that type of kick.

have tried apollos as well, and i still prefer my twin jets over them. middle of the road my azz.

I have a pair of the Tusa's & liked them... Only problem (for me) was that they are positively bouyant & my feet are pretty "floaty" anyway. Feet kept floating up behind me & over my head & it was giving me fits with my trim. Didn't want to go the ankle weights route so I switched to the Atomic split fins, which are negatively buoyant, and haven't had any problems since. Just have to be careful... If you accidnetally drop one, it will sink.

Give the Tusa Imprex fins a try too....

Sasquatch, It sounds like you're not having any trouble wearing Tusas over drysuit booties? What size is your boot size? My LDS thought Zooms wouldn't have a big enough pocket for a size 12 boot...

tiburon, I can frog kick fine in my Atomics. A little more work than a traditional Jet fin due to their length but the original model Atomic Split is fairly stiff almost like a blade fin. The modified ( bent knee ala bicycle kick) works great.

HappyDvrGirl, Atomics are negative but they sink slowly! I had one come off right after a giant stride off a boat as the deck guy hadn't gotten the strap buckle snapped quite right. I had time to sense that something didn't feel right, turn around and scan for the fin in bad viz and it was still very slowly sinking at chest level and I had (much to my relief) no trouble retrieving it. They are no where near as negative as a rubber fin(Jets, Bios, etc.) I still prefer to use ankle weights with mine but did do one dive without. Yellow stripes sure helped to retrieve that fin.

I got them about a month ago, and I absolutely love them. Prior to these, I would get ankle/leg cramps, and my first dive with them was like night and day. I did 8 60-100 ft reef dives in Puerto Rico, and they were a godsend. I did get the black ones for extra stiffness, and I have a set of Genesis Response fins as backups and for strong currents.

I think in spite of many people trying to compare split fins with other types, and have an impression that split is less maneuverable or powerful, it does solve the cramp issue for some of the users for which there may not be other better solution otherwise. When I looked at the X-pert fins (tusa), I do think that they can make it a bit longer or wider but then I also think that the current design may have resolved a lot of issues for many users.... and there are other fins which would solve other issues for other users. If they make it a longer or wider version, I also think that there will be a group of customers.

jim T.:
Sasquatch, It sounds like you're not having any trouble wearing Tusas over drysuit booties? What size is your boot size? My LDS thought Zooms wouldn't have a big enough pocket for a size 12 boot...

I wear a wetsuit so, hence, wetsuit booties. My boots are pretty substantial and sized 11.5. I have no fit issues at all. Plenty of strap left and a generous pocket that fits well with no slop.

Just a note on the subject of swimming against a current. I have found myself on the wrong side of an exchange once or twice and had to kick a little more from the hip to overcome it but never lost the fight or ran out of breath. Playing in a big surge I experimented with my fins and they seemed to be effective against the big push. I don't want to play the Zooms up too much but I like them.

I like mine fine. Unlike some other posters, I have no difficulty at all doing alternate kicks with them. I've now retired my 26 year-old Jet fins.

Hi there, I looking for fins as well. Had jus seen these replies that TUSA Xpert Zoom Fins makes good fins. Can i jus ask which fins are lighter as compared between Tusa Xpert Zoom fins, ScubaPro Twin Jets & Apollo Bio Fins? And in your opinion, which do u prefer?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom