Tusa Sav7 Evo-3 Support & Warranty Feedback Requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently had a flooding event on my Dive Xtras Blacktip Tech. While it was out, I purchased a used Tusa Evo-3. Fortunately for me, I'm getting my repairs covered under warranty. The conversation shifted a little as we wondered if Tusa's DPV warranty would replace a unit in the event of a flood, user error or not (though feedback on both is welcome).

Yes, I purchased a used unit and I have not expectation that it is under warranty, that's not what we are discussing. We'd sincerely like to hear about Tusa scooter support and warranty experiences.

@BoltSnap does this belong in a different place? Tusa subforum?

It maybe, but does tusa monitor their forum? The OP's post is probably better posted in this forum than in the tusa forum.

BTW, my post above was about my own post not the OP's post. I initially posted something and deleted it when I realized that I posted it in the wrong thread.

I didn't realize there was a tusa forum. But if it's a general forum and not dpv specific, then this is probably a better place.

Yeah that was misunderstanding, I thought maybe there had been a request to delete or move the thread 😆

If I thought that a specific thread was put in the wrong forum, I'd report it and let the mods take care of it. That's what I did with my now gone post above, I reported my own post. :)

Why would warranty cover a flood that was “user error”? I mean unless it was a crazy bad design I can’t see this being covered.

Honestly I think your BT is only getting covered because you complained here, regardless of whose fault it really was.

Why would warranty cover a flood that was “user error”? I mean unless it was a crazy bad design I can’t see this being covered.

Honestly I think your BT is only getting covered because you complained here, regardless of whose fault it really was.
Some companies are amazing. Shearwater and DeWalt are exceptional examples.

Your second statement should be discussed in the other thread. But for the record, with all my complaints, they sent me a bill. It wasn't until someone gave me the idea to hunt down their number and call them, did they reverse their decision.

The concern coming up is that some Blacktips seem to be getting leaks, e.g. seawater getting into the tail cone, despite passing QC and vacuum check at the factory before delivery. It's not all of them.

When a flood or leak happens in a fairly new DPV, it is not clear how it happened, or where, or how much of it was due to user error. It could be the active o rings, and how we prep and open it.

Or it could something else like leaks in a new shaft seal or LED window, which probably can't be blamed on the user.

Probably the more careful thing to do is to buy it along with the optional vacuum insert, and then discover during surface testing if any particular leak issue develops quickly. Like in the first week or month of using it. That could be a much stronger case for making a warranty claim.

Most warranties cover failures of the design or assembly when properly used, so I’m not saying they would/should -never- cover a leak under warranty, but asking for blanket leak protection up-front (including user error) is not reasonable IMO.

Personally I think the focus is a little off here. A DPV that leaked for no reason when the user followed all guidelines is a no-go for me, regardless of warranty coverage. Maybe that explains the Tusa switcheroo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom