Tusa Liberator Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiffany

Reaction score
I feel like I'm spamming the board at this point with corrective lenses questions, but, risking that, has anyone tried the Tusa Liberator Plus with corrective lenses (my prescription: -1.25, -1.00; boyfriend's: -5.25, -6). Any insight (I've already tried searching the forums and can't find any real reviews on the product and google, so I figured I'd go with the ultimate source! Ultimately, we're both trying to find masks we can afford on grad student budgets.

Thanks.

You can put lenses in that mask, but we prefer to sell the Splendive II or Splendive IV masks for lenses. Multiple reasons here. One, they are easier to get in and out with less chance of cracking the frame. Also, the Splendive II & IV use bi-symmetrical lenses, which means there is no left and right. This has an advantage for us in that we only need to stock -1.5, -2.0 etc... not -1.5 left, and -1.5 right, etc.

They do not have .25 lenses, just -1.5, -2, -2.5 etc... We've found, when in doubt go up, so you'd do 2 lenses, both -1.5. Unless of course you wanted them custom ground - then you can do anything, but the price goes up.

The advantage to you for bi-symmetrical lenses, is lets suppose your boyfiends eyes both weaken slightly. Now he'd take a -5.5 in one eye, and a -6 in the other, but if his eyes got a little worse, you can move the -6 over to the other side and just buy a -6.5. This saves you money later over having to buy 2 more lenses.

But yes, we have gotten them for the liberator plus before - but with the advantage of the bi-symmetrical splendives, we don't stock them for the liberator series.

And with your SB discount, you're looking at under $100 for either mask with 2 lenses.

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TusaTM7500Q

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help! My boyfriend ordered his mask from you all yesterday and was really happy with the ease of ordering.

I Own A Tusa Liberator Plus Mask A Will Not Chnage It For Anything In The World. I Took A Class At Divers Direct And I Needed A Mask That Would Fit
Lens,the Instructor At Divers Direct Took His Time Explaining The Mask And Why It Was The Best For Me That He Let Me Try It On My First Open Water Class And I Never Took It Off. It Fit Si Good The Shirt On The Mask Was So Soft That It Was Like Not Having Anything On Your Face. If You Need A Mask With Lens The Tusa Liberator Plus Is The Way To Go.the Instructor And The Sales People At Divers Direct Do Know Thier Stuff.

I have been in eyes for over 20 years. I had lenses mounted to and old mask that I used for yesrs. Got a new mask 12 years ago (Ocean Master) and just started wearing my soft contact lenses and never had a problem. I would suggest that. Then I had lasik done a few years back and I don't have to worry about it anymore. I had one eye done for distance and one for closeup. I use a stick on +2 power little circle about the size of a quarter in the left hand corner of my mask for looking at things really close up.
Wear your lenses until you have lasik done....hence the name laserdoc

Back
Top Bottom