Tusa Hyflex V Mares Avanti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomson_adam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello ,
I am looking at some fins and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Tusa or Mares. I currently have the TUSA solla full foot fin which i like , i am wanting to get some open heal fins and wasn't sure what to go for.

I could get the Solla open heal but i feel there would be no difference what so ever , i have very narrow feet if that makes any difference.

My first pair of fins were Tusa open heel fins and the blades went soft.
Mares Avanti Quattro + fins, they are the best all around fins and have been around for a long time with no gimmicks, just a straight forward good fin. I have been diving mine for about 20 years.

I also have two pair of Avanti Quatro + and like-em a lot. My buddy dives Cressi Frogs and I've tried them and feel they are also great....maybe a tiny bit less stiff than the Mares..

The Avanti Quattros are quite long, impacting maneuverability in the water and space in the suitcase if you're traveling. Consequentially, I got rid of mine. I can't tell if your talking about the Tusa Hyflex *Switch*, but those pack quite well without breaking them down and supremely well if you separate the blade & pocket. I liked the Switch, and they had enough power to fight the current in Cozumel when needed.

I realize you didn't ask, but FWIW, I now use Deep6 Eddys because they have incredible power when frog kicking (my preference).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom