Tusa charging $90 for "under warranty" reg service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the help. I'll definately go with SCUBA toys service from now on. Somehow I didn't even think of it, though I'm sure they told me when I ordered. Oh well.

I was somewhat leary about the Tusa reg, since I didn't think much of the brand at the time. However, because of price/value I went for it. My wife's setup is Zeagle and it's great. However, I have to admit, that the difference for a rec diver like me between my wife's Zeagle 50D reg any my "cheap" tusa RS130 reg virtually undiscernable. Granted I'm not going below 130' and don't ever plan to. I know many of you would feel differently and would swear that there is "no comparison", however, I've dived them both, and for me they work equally well (can't say that about most rental regs I've used).

I appreciate the thought you've all put into this! Thanks!

paperdesk:
Thanks for all the help. I'll definately go with SCUBA toys service from now on. Somehow I didn't even think of it, though I'm sure they told me when I ordered. Oh well.

I was somewhat leary about the Tusa reg, since I didn't think much of the brand at the time. However, because of price/value I went for it. My wife's setup is Zeagle and it's great. However, I have to admit, that the difference for a rec diver like me between my wife's Zeagle 50D reg any my "cheap" tusa RS130 reg virtually undiscernable. Granted I'm not going below 130' and don't ever plan to. I know many of you would feel differently and would swear that there is "no comparison", however, I've dived them both, and for me they work equally well (can't say that about most rental regs I've used).

I appreciate the thought you've all put into this! Thanks!

Anytime! (Maybe to much thought!):D

RonFrank:
Online does not mean that the dealer is not authorized.

So where do you draw the line? What if you LDS IS an online dealer. Not sure what the point of this comment was other than to express a lack of knowledge....

Ive returned to this late but in response I meant exactly what I asked! Did he/she buy it on line or not? Dont get all uppity about some underlying issue YOU have. Its a relevent question and I dont need to explain myself to you.
P.S.
Perhaps you didnt read my response to the original posters reply.

Hi! Just an update on this. I've been looking for my original quote from Tusa, because $90 seemed almost double what I had been quoted. Just found it! It was for $25 for first stage and $20 for second! So, I called Tusa and they said there was a price increase! They said they'd try to get me a refund for the difference. Hmm. We'll see what happens!

My understanding from equipment compnanies that we deal with, is that they don't really don't want to do repairs on customers equipment. Plus they don't want to undercut the the dive shops on the price of these repairs. The end result is that sending a reg back to the manufacturer is always going to be the most expensive way to get it overhauled.

Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom