Tusa charging $90 for "under warranty" reg service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well y'know I did say "Biased Opinion" (I freely admit it's the only brand I'll use/sell) and I always place a disclaimer mentioning Rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle dealer.

And the question was:

paperdesk:
There are no Tusa dealers anywhere near my home in NorthEast WA, so I sent my reg, first and one second stage to Tusa for service. They are charging me $50 for first stage and $40 for second! This is $90 for just labor, parts are free! I feel like I've just been ripped off! What should I have done differently!

Ted

Maybe in response to a similar question I'll just state: Purchasing any product Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty may save you money and headaches later.

rapidiver:
Well y'know I did say "Biased Opinion" (I freely admit it's the only brand I'll use/sell) and I always place a disclaimer mentioning Rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle dealer.

Maybe in response to a similar question I'll just state: Purchasing any product Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty is an excellent alternative to buying a lesser product.

Sorry for jumping on you.

Since the questions were "Any suggestions? Are they overcharging me or is this what is normal if you send it to Tusa? Is there anywhere else I could send it for less since my LDS don't support Tusa?" rather than "What should I buy?", maybe in response you could say "Send it to me. We'll service it for you at a reasonable cost." But since you don't service Tusa, maybe you could say "Send it to ScubaToys. That's where you bought it and they have a good reputation."

Back on topic, my advice on the original questions is: Send it to ScubaToys. That's where you bought it and they have a good reputation.

After your edit... I'll edit to say I see what you responded to. Let's drop it. :wink:

Your edit of "is an excellent alternative to buying a lesser product" to "may save you money and headaches later" is a step in the right direction.

Ooopppsss... I forgot to drop the issue. :)

rapidiver:
Maybe in response to a similar question I'll just state: Purchasing any product Made in the USA with a Lifetime Warranty may save you money and headaches later.

Tusa has the same warranty... Lifetime, and I appreciate all the flag waving going on here... but do you need me to send you a picture of the tag that says:

"Made in the Republic of China for Zeagle Systems"

So you may just want to back up on that Made in the USA thing there....

Zeagle is a great company with good customer service, but the brand in question here was Tusa, and they are also a great company with a lifetime warranty. I know since I happen to deal with both.

If you take your car to the manufacturer for service, it costs more than the local garage. Sending it to Tusa, yes it will cost more than sending it to a shop. That is true with any brand. Did they rip you off?? No... If you do a search for annual service on this board, you will see people paying much more...

Wanted to stay on topic but:

It's not appropriate for me to comment on the specifics of where ZEAGLE components were machined etc.(I'm just a dealer not an employee), but as for Made in the U.S.A. I know this:

ZEAGLE is an American family business with American owner with American employees. As far as I know (as I have been to the factory) all their regs, and bc's are developed, assembled and tested on location. ZEAGLE also manufactures military gear which must meet extemely strict standards per DOD specifications http://rapidiver.com/tactical.htm

Personally, I don't really care about TUSA, I don't use their products and I really wasn't attempting to attack them. Fact is, they are a Japanese company based in Tokyo whereas ZEAGLE is an American Company base in Zephyrhills, Florida, USA.

Folks can decide on their own which to purchase.

Perhaps you could add that Zeagle is the ONLY brand you sell in your disclaimer / signature line, so it's clear up front that is the ONLY solution you are able to offer. This would be a move toward a more constructive approach. One step at a time.

Some things I love about living in the Czech Republic. Annual service of first and second stage by authorized dealer. $20 parts and labor on any brand they service. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom