Tusa charging $90 for "under warranty" reg service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk:
There are no Tusa dealers anywhere near my home in NorthEast WA, so I sent my reg, first and one second stage to Tusa for service. They are charging me $50 for first stage and $40 for second! This is $90 for just labor, parts are free! I feel like I've just been ripped off! What should I have done differently! If it's always like this I might as well not do service and just buy a new reg every two years, since it only cost me a couple hundred in the first place for my Platina RS-130.

Any suggestions? Are they overcharging me or is this what is normal if you send it to Tusa? Is there anywhere else I could send it for less since my LDS don't support Tusa?

Thank you one and all!

Ted

My own biased opinion: Buy a ZEAGLE Reg. Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle Dealer

Interesting Rapidiver - can you list by bullet point the differences with the TUSA warranty?

http://www.tusa.com/PDFs/Service.pdf

This is why I think Scubatoys could probably help sort this out for the original poster. He already posted the parts were free - see the post copied into yours.

Zeagle has established a reputation backing there products 100%-no games. I don't think a bullet list is neccessary-ZEAGLE regs(and BC's for that matter) are guaranteed for life-as in forever-nuff said

Again: Disclaimer: rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle Dealer (we sell'm we dive'm)

rapidiver:
Zeagle has established a reputation backing there products 100%-no games. I don't think a bullet list is neccessary-ZEAGLE regs(and BC's for that matter) are guaranteed for life-as in forever-nuff said

Again: Disclaimer: rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle Dealer (we sell'm we dive'm)

So is Tusa... If a customer sends me a 8 year old reg for service and it needs a new piston, I can just pop one in, and then send it back to Tusa, and they replace it for me at no charge. Rebuild kits Free...

Now zeagle is good for warranty... and somehow I've got the impression you are an authorized zeagle dealer:wink: but I'm an authorized atomic, aeris, oceanic, scubapro, henderson, dive rite, oms, delta p, apollo... oh well, you get it... and in that list will be zeagle and tusa. And both are great.

And we do service on any reg for 59.00 plus parts. If under warranty, parts are free. If purchased from us, a full service is 39 and parts are free.

100% ZEAGLE on BCs and Regulators. We're looking into bringing some other accessory brands in, but for life support it's ZEAGLE all the way-and it's the only gear I'll dive.

OK - no difference - 100% on parts for lifetime - so no bullet summary neded. And thanks for clarifying since Zeagle is all you sell, Zeagle is your only solution.

mnj1233:
Where did you buy it???/ On-line maybe?????

Online does not mean that the dealer is not authorized.

So where do you draw the line? What if you LDS IS an online dealer. Not sure what the point of this comment was other than to express a lack of knowledge....

rapidiver:
My own biased opinion: Buy a ZEAGLE Reg. Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle Dealer

Zeagle is a great company with outstanding products. But this thread has nothing to do with Zeagle or what brand to buy. Post replies that add to the substance of the discussion and you will do more to enhance the credibility of the brand that you sell and support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom