Turquiose Lake August 16 or 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it looks like I'm getting alot of gear on Thursday (full setup and a computer) and I might just need to test it all out. any room for one more?

also, if anyone is interested in a carpool I would be starting in Fort Collins but willing to meet up at any point from there...

Always room. Welcome aboard.

I injured my arm, and may not make this trip. I'll see how it is feeling tomorrow. I've also got a lot of stuff to do around the homestead.

I'll post something more definite tomorrow, but I may have to skip this trip.

Sorry to hear that, hope you make a quick recovery and you can still make it. well if we don't have a chance to talk on Saturday about RMO dive in, we can talk over the board...

Sounds like they are forecasting snow in the mountains Friday night. Might want to pack your winter gear just in case.

Lyn and I will be leaving for Buena Vista early tomorrow morning. As it stands now we will meet about 10:30 A.M. on Saturday at the Abe Lee fishing access for a dive or two. Waterskier1, Bikefox, and Ron Frank have my cell phone number. If you are going to be in the area Friday night or Saturday night and want to get togather for dinner, drinks or camp fire get my number and call. The guys who have the number feel free to give to our other buddies.
I'll be driving a Maroon Chevy Tahoe with purple license plates.
We look forward to seeing everyone.
Frank & Lyn

I will be leaving Colo Spgs sometime after 7:00 PM tomorrow night. The crew from Diver's Reef and FROGs will be camping just south of the spillways, in the Nat'l Forest, but not in a developed campground. We plan to meet up with Frank at 10:30 Sat morning. The instructors have some Rescue Diver students, and I think some Open Water students, so they will likely be busy most of the day.

As it stands now, we'll return to our campsite Sat night and then pack up Sunday morning and stop at Twin Lakes for a dive or two on the way home.

I have Frank's cell phone number. If there is anyone who is going and would also like it, please send me a PM. It looks like I'll be driving my Silver GTI with a roof carrier on it and Ham Radio Plates. If they need more space, I'll have a White Crew Cab SuperDuty pickup with blue military plates.

I'm not going to be doing this. The weather is going to be poor, and my elbow is still not 100%. The weather does not look good. I'm near 9000ft, and this morning it's in the low 40's F. Right now it is raining, a bit windy, chilly, and there is a cloud bank sitting just above us on the Mountain.

Have fun guys, and I'm sure I'll hear a report! Boy, Aug is suppose to be Hot, but it's more like winter here in OR! :11:

Here is the Leadville weather forecast:

Tonight: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 35. South southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday: Snow showers likely before 8am, then rain showers likely. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain showers before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59. Calm wind.

Have fun guys! Bring you winter bags, good shelter, and warm clothing! I hope no one is diving wet, as it's not going to be warm in the water, or out.

I'll see everyone up there, I'm bringing up two tanks but depending on the temp I might call the second dive short... we'll see :D
after diving, I'm going to head on down to some hot springs south of Leadville to breath off some n2 and warm up. see everyone tomorrow!

I'll see everyone up there, I'm bringing up two tanks but depending on the temp I might call the second dive short... we'll see :D
after diving, I'm going to head on down to some hot springs south of Leadville to breath off some n2 and warm up. see everyone tomorrow!

I'll be there. Hopefully with the poor weather, the drive back down on I-70 won't be 4 hrs. I was in Leadville two weeks ago and the drive from the tunnel down to Denver was 3 hrs. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom