Turning Brigade into Express Tech (or deluxe)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keesmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Dive buddy who owns a brigade, is shopping for a lighter weight, smaller packable travel BCD and it dawned on me: Is it possible to take the ripcord weight system and the bladder off the Brigade and add an Express tech plate and Harness? Am I missing anything?
I don't have the pieces in front of me, but this forum seems to know the Zeagle line in and out, so was hoping if you guys could help me out.
Thanks,
Kees

Don't know about the Ripcord but the bladder will work. At $250ish you might as well just get the entire thing. Odds are he could sell the Brigade for the what the ET cost and besides, for travel the 24 lb bladder on the ET is ligher and less bulky.

Thanks Herman,
I guess my thought is that if the ripcord system works, he gets an interchangeable setup for all sorts of conditions, be it traveling or not for under $100. Are there any other parts to the Express Tech that I am missing?
OK, so the ripcord system is sewn into the Brigade, but he's got the rear weight pockets that are removable. My guess is he could use those on the waist belt of the Express?

Last edited:
He could or just use a weight belt. If he needs little weight he could also do what I did, I added a simple weight intergration to the ET. I recently put photos of it on another ET thread.
The only other thing I see missing are D rings.

The ripcord system on the Brigade is the same as the Ranger. You would have to destroy the Brigade to get the ripcord system off, then remake the ripcord system to fit the ET if that is possible. Your friend would be better off getting some XS Scuba weight pouches or similar weight pouches and putting the Brigade wing on the ET for warm water diving.

I use my ET for all my diving now even the cold water here in minnesota, I just put my 44# Ranger Wing on and away I go.

The rear weight pockets dont really fit for the front they are designed to be rear cam weights...the zip touch pockets that they designed for the front do fit on both...it doesnt seem very possible to me to change it into an ET

I take the REAR WEIGHT SYSTEM from my Ranger and put them on the waist band to carry more weight when I am diving in cold water (theoretically I can carry 40# of lead). It isn't the most elegant but it works. I found out Sunday that the XS SCUBA 5# Quick Release pouches do not work well with 5# soft weights, you have to cram them into the pouch and pull them out, they are just to bulky.

Back
Top Bottom