Turning an Atomic AI inflator hose into something useful.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiznutaggie

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure this is going to applicable to a very very tiny number of people, but here goes. I recently got an Atomic AI inflator. Not to be confused with a SS1, the AI inflator is just an inflator using a standard schrader valve. The big draw back to this is that the AI comes with a completely useless 30" rubber inflator hose. Unlike the SS1 fitting that can be unscrewed and put onto any length hose, the AI is crimped onto the hose and is non-swappable. Kind of a big waste to have a titanium inflator hose that's unuseable.

My solution was to take that sexy piece of titanium and swap it onto an LP to standard inflator adapter so that I could put it onto whatever length of LP hose I wanted. (Only the sleeve on the titanium inflator hose is actually titanium).

20240609_002506.jpg

Take apart the inflator hose and a generic LP to schrader inflator adapter. Diameter was a perfect match, but the sleeve pulled a bit too far back, so I took a first stage spring shim (0.03") and made it fit to solve that. The titanium sleeve also had to take a quick dip in an anodizing bath to match my reg sets.

20240609_002604.jpg

20240609_004547.jpg

Re-assembled onto the donated LP to standard inflator adapter and installed on a proper length hose! Thou shalt not waste titanium!

20240609_005305.jpg

20240609_005100.jpg

Cool, now I need to find a good deal on the Ti AI inflator set ...

I really wish there was a full Ti adapter, though.

I prefer to use an adapter with a standard LP hose anyway. SAD has just that in case I have either a reg or BC hose failure.

Cool, now I need to find a good deal on the Ti AI inflator set ...

I really wish there was a full Ti adapter, though.

I prefer to use an adapter with a standard LP hose anyway. SAD has just that in case I have either a reg or BC hose failure.
You sir are very easily influenced:wink:

I've never seen anything from Atomic that really justifies the premium. It's generally good but not much better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom