Turks & Caicos Trip Video - Whatcha Think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlos Danger

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all:

My GF and I just got back from a trip to TCI, most of which was spent in Grand Turk; we had a magical time. I wanted to share my feeble attempt at capturing/editing some underwater video footage.

I've only tried this a few times, and obviously have some learning to do; better equipment would probably help as well. I'm sure the style is a little cliché, with the soundtrack and all, but it just kinda came together that way. I would, of course, like to get better at producing these things. Short of more practice, I would appreciate (in advance) any constructive comments you might be interested to provide.

Thanks, and hope you enjoy watching!

YouTube - Turks & Caicos

Last edited:
Thanks!

The dolphin stuff was edited from several repeat encounters with two pods off of Grand Turk on the same day. We saw them on a surface interval, but initially thought they were snorkelers. Once we realized what we were looking at, we practically ran over each other to get in the water. I was so pumped, I’m surprised I actually captured any video at all!

After about the third time of getting in-n-out of the water, I think they finally figured out that we wanted more time with them. You'll notice that there are babies in the pod that are being protected down deep away from boat. I'd like to think they would have hung around longer if they had all been adults.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom