Turks/Caicos recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomich

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going down to the Turks and Caicos this Thanksgiving for a week. Any recommendations on diving locations and companies (especially multi-day deals)?

Thanks in advance!

Have been there twice. We stayed at Club Med, but would not recommend the dive op there. I think the other ops are good, but can't remember their names. Try a search using Turks and Caicos. I remember several posts listing names. The dive op we dove with was owned by a guy named Fifi and they were terrific.

Definitely, do the West Caicos dives. They are fabulous, vis was over 100 ft several dives.

TrainerAW:
Have been there twice. We stayed at Club Med, but would not recommend the dive op there. I think the other ops are good, but can't remember their names. Try a search using Turks and Caicos. I remember several posts listing names. The dive op we dove with was owned by a guy named Fifi and they were terrific.

Definitely, do the West Caicos dives. They are fabulous, vis was over 100 ft several dives.

8 DAYS TILL I LEAVE! we are staying at ocean club west, and diving with caicos adventures. i'll give a full report upon return if you can wait. mike

mako1:
8 DAYS TILL I LEAVE! we are staying at ocean club west, and diving with caicos adventures. i'll give a full report upon return if you can wait. mike

Who are you planning on diving with?

tomich:
Who are you planning on diving with?

mako1 indicated that s/he was diving with Caicos Adventures.

A very fine op. Please tell Fifi that I send my best.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Been going to Provo every year for ten plus years. Caicos Adventures is the premier dive outfit on the island. If its about the diving dive with CA.

Thanks for all the responses and suggestion.

My only other questions are:

1) While I was down there, I was thinking of doing my Advanced OW certification. Has anybody actually had any instruction with Caicos Adventures?

2) How is "Dive Provo"? The only reason I ask is that I have a PADI coupon with them.

Won't comment on other dive ops since I have only dove with Provo Turtle Divers and Caicos Adventures. Do a search on the board and you will find for yourself. I repeat that if its about the diving then CA is the only op IMHO. I did my AOW with CA two years ago. They did a first rate job. Two students to one instructor. Nothing but good things to say.

tomich:
Thanks for all the responses and suggestion.

My only other questions are:

1) While I was down there, I was thinking of doing my Advanced OW certification. Has anybody actually had any instruction with Caicos Adventures?

2) How is "Dive Provo"? The only reason I ask is that I have a PADI coupon with them.

We went several years ago and dove with the Turtle Divers at Ocean Club and with Dive Provo. Definitely preferred Dive Provo. Much more attentive service and a more interesting dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom