Turks & Caicos - No Shore Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Bolter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Planning a trip to TC and SB has been super helpful. I'm getting the sense that dive operators will generally only offer two boat dives per day. I read elsewhere that tanks are not made available/rentable for shore diving and/or some operators will only provide them as long as a DM goes with you. Could this be right???

I realize the reef is pretty far out in Grace Bay so shore diving isn't the best idea, but are there other shore diving options within driving distance? And will operators rent tanks?

Yes the reef is a bit of a ride out. Most op's from what I recall do not offer tanks for shore diving.

We got tansk from Mitch in Grand Turk & the operator in Salt Cay & did shore dives but that was about 8 yrs ago.

I believe Blue Water, Oasis and whatever took over from CI Diving on Grand Turk will let you rent tanks and do shore dives. It is about 100 yards or more out to the wall however. There are many small isolated coral heads in the sand before the wall.

I have no idea about the rest of the islands.

Mike

Hmmm...Thanks all! I'm not sure what we're gonna do. We've never gone anywhere that doesn't have either afternoon boat dives or good and easy shore diving with tanks for the taking. I guess I'm spoiled. Gonna have to rethink T&C. Thanks for the info.

The diving in TCI is top notch. Don't let the lack of shore dives on Provo keep you away.

You can usually arrange an afternoon dive if they have enough interest. They won't go out with just one or two divers. I think the minimum at CA was six. I am not aware of any op that will rent tanks for shore diving but most of the top notch diving is in the boat channel between West Caicos and Provo, around West Caicos, and around French Cay. All of those are accesible only by boat. As stated above don't let that make you not go to TCI.

As far as I remember most of the dive ops will rent tanks to you, Provo Turtle Divers did. And the only shore diving thats close enough would be at North West Point, off Malcolm Roads Beach, but its a swim out to the wall. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom