Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkerr

Reaction score
Recently got back from a week on the Explorer. Wish some of the pics came out better, but I am pretty new at photography and only use a point and shoot. Thought I would post some of the better ones anyway.

Nice Shots!!

I have two questions for you.
1.) Do you know the name of the Blue Shrimp? I got some shots of them in Aruba but don't know what they are called
2.) I don't know why, but I still can't post thumbnails in my thread like you did!! How did you do it :)

Cheers!

Chad_Ordelheide:
Nice Shots!!

I have two questions for you.
1.) Do you know the name of the Blue Shrimp? I got some shots of them in Aruba but don't know what they are called
2.) I don't know why, but I still can't post thumbnails in my thread like you did!! How did you do it :)

Cheers!

Dr. Chad- I like the new Avatar. Still deciding on Palau. Ken :42:

Chad_Ordelheide:

They look like Pedersons Cleaner Shrimp... :)

dkerr, how was the T & C Explorer? I have been on the Caribbean Explorer II and the Nimrod Explorer, and have been considering that trip... did you do a trip report :06: ??

jennifer

sapphire:
They look like Pedersons Cleaner Shrimp... :)

dkerr, how was the T & C Explorer? I have been on the Caribbean Explorer II and the Nimrod Explorer, and have been considering that trip... did you do a trip report :06: ??

jennifer

I have not wrote the trip up yet but will soon. The boat was fantastic. This was my first liveaboard so I have no comparison. Talking with the other guests (most have been on many liveaboards) the concencus is that this was the best boat they have been on. Lots of personal space, great food and accomodations, very nice setup for the photographers, and a great crew. I will say that some of the dives I was a bit dissapointed with. There has obviously been some damage to the reefs-a lot of fungus, so some dives were not that impressive. I have seen livelier reefs in the keys. The weather was beautiful though, and vis was great-average 100 ft going up to 200ft on a couple(by estimate only). Being able to do 5 dives a day on your own profile was excellent. If you wanted a short deep dive or a long shallow one, there was plenty of time and no pressure by the crew to get you back on board (though they did do a great job of checking to make sure everyone was diving within limits).

Chad-Those pictures were just saved on my desktop. I hit the manage attachments, browse, upload, and repeat. I assumed they would have been viewed as attachments and was suprised to see them as thumnails. I am the last one you should ask technical questions of though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom