Turks and Caicos January 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a great time. Flamingo Divers was great. Very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend them to anyone.

Unfortunately our second dive day was called due to high winds. They apologized and offered the name of another dive outfit that they thought was still going to go out. While I had to wonder if we would have been able to go out, or find a different spot to dive that was out of the wind, I heard some anecdotal evidence that it was quite miserable in the wind. In the end I think Flamingo made the right call and we avoided a tough day on the ocean.

We are headed to T&C in two weeks. All accommodations and diving is arranged. I was hoping you could share what the water temperature you experienced while you were there?

I guess I missed your post...for two years! Sorry. Hope your trip was great.

It was pretty warm when I was there. I wore a shorty 3mm wetsuit and my dive buddy went in just swim trunks and a swim shirt. (He's pretty warm blooded though.)

If you get cold in the water I think you might want something light.

I guess I missed your post...for two years! Sorry. Hope your trip was great.

It was pretty warm when I was there. I wore a shorty 3mm wetsuit and my dive buddy went in just swim trunks and a swim shirt. (He's pretty warm blooded though.)

If you get cold in the water I think you might want something light.

Trip was great albeit quite surreal. We were there as CVD-19 was exploding. We stayed for the full 2 weeks as planned and had no issues at all, but by the time we came back we were starting to wonder if we even could get back. And that was the last trip for 18 months, at least 2 planned trips cancelled and God only knows how many other trips never git planned at all.

Back
Top Bottom