Turks and Caicos January 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeoAero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to the Turks and Caicos with some longtime friends and our spouses. We already have accommodations, but two of us are looking for some dive time.

Does anybody have recent data on the many dive charters that operate on Providenciales? We would be looking for day trips and probably 2 or 3 days while we are there.

Any help would be appreciated.

I dive with www.flamingodivers.com every year. Its a husband and wife team on the boat with only 8 divers. They get our early and let you go on your own if you are a buddy pair. I can't say enough about Jayne and Mickey.

Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder why there is such a wide range in prices for 2 tank dives? Do you think there is much difference in service? I was also wondering about the Big Blue Collective, they list Euro 249 for a two tank dive.

My son and I liked Caicos Adventures. The Caicos Cat is a very good ride out to the best dive sites off West Caicos, French Cay.

Was there in July this year. Dive Provo was great. French Cay (and the boat ride out to it) was amazing. Bring a couple of credit cards, as T&C is pricey.

Provo diver and Caicos Adventures bring more divers out per trip so their boats are bigger respectfully. Aqua TCI and Flamingo divers use smaller 8 pack boats. The ride is roughly 40/45 minutes around the island to the reefs. All the shops use the same buoys that mark the reefs. They all run roughly the same dive times. Some get to the sites quicker then others and the boats with less diver tend to get you back to shore quicker over the bigger boats. Prices run along side with boat sizes and amount of divers per boat. More divers means the shop can charge a few less bucks. Not as personal or as relaxing in my option. I have dived with all but turtle Provo and now keep going back to flamingo Divers with Aqua TCI as a back up plan. They both are a husband and wife operation with their head and heart in the game.

These are the 5 real dive shops on the island. Any other companies are more of a “tour” company and they will do many types of adventures not just diving.

Flamingo $160
Aqua TCI $155
Provo $145
Caicos adventures $140
Turtle $145

let me knowing you have any other questions. We are there twice a year and have a good handle on the island.

Decided to book with Flamingo Divers for two days of two tank dives. I'll report back when I return in January. Thanks for the advice everybody!

@NeoAero You will have a blast with Mickey and Jayne. They also run an amazing sunset cruise on a solar powered boat. Enough champagne and tapas to kill a horse.

The only other tip I can give you (if you love good food) is hit up Cocovan. It’s amazing!!!

We had a great time. Flamingo Divers was great. Very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend them to anyone.

Unfortunately our second dive day was called due to high winds. They apologized and offered the name of another dive outfit that they thought was still going to go out. While I had to wonder if we would have been able to go out, or find a different spot to dive that was out of the wind, I heard some anecdotal evidence that it was quite miserable in the wind. In the end I think Flamingo made the right call and we avoided a tough day on the ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom