Turks and Caicos Explorer Review November 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinkerton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Great crew, really good food, nice fluffy towels, crew always cleaning up. Crew worked really well together and we appreciated having a night watchman (who also made sure there was coffee VERY early!).

Diving was a little better than we've been seeing in the Caribbean. Not much color and some sights were really dead but there were a shark or 2 on most dives, lobsters, eels, a few rays, the usual reef fish, blennies.

There was a camera table on the dive deck but no enclosed room. The charging area was in the lounge and pretty crowded.

We had perfect weather. The boat handled a little chop coming back to the marina effortlessly.

When you say not much color, I wonder how much of that is from the diving starting rather deep? When I was there on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor II several years ago, IIRC the reef wall tended to start around 50 feet deep or so? You don't get those sunlit shallows to make the color pop, so much.

Did you guys make it to French Cay? We didn't on my trip.

Richard.

When you say not much color, I wonder how much of that is from the diving starting rather deep? When I was there on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor II several years ago, IIRC the reef wall tended to start around 50 feet deep or so? You don't get those sunlit shallows to make the color pop, so much.

Did you guys make it to French Cay? We didn't on my trip.

Richard.
I think the lack of color is more that I remember when the reefs were really healthy and full of color. We tend to dive shallow as we are photographers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom