Turks and Caicos Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello again ... time for another vacation. This time it's Turks and Caicos. It will be our first time. We are staying at the Veranda in April and desire info on dive operators.

We are looking for smaller boats with more experienced divers, if that's possible. If they picked us up from the resort, that would be a bonus. We're probably going to do 4 or 5 days of 2-tank dives. We're experienced divers but not super hard core .... couple of nice dives during the mid-morning followed by mai tais around the pool until dinner is more our speed.

Appreciate any insight on operators that we might enjoy.

Thanks!
Diva

It's been a couple years since I've gone but Turtle Divers was awesome. To this day, I've never gone diving with any outfit anyplace that was more professional or safer! They will pick you up too.

If you want small groups the best operator is Flamingo divers. They will pick you up at the resort and there will only be 8 divers in total.

I will be heading there for a family/dive vacation in late March or early April. I've read a lot here about Caicos Adventures and Dive Provo. Any opinions on those two would be helpful as well. My wife and I are about the same as the OP, experienced, but not hard-core. We will most likely be staying the the Royal West Indies.

Happy diving!!

I have used Dive Provo, they are British owned, or should I say Scottish. All dive sites in Provo require pretty long transfer boat times of 40 + minutes. I found Dive Provo well organized and they have 3 boats and use two different marinas that makes the journey shorter if you go to French Quays hence those were my favorites when I made the selection, moreover their dive shop that is the dispatch point before splitting groups was 5 minutes from our accommodation
I would definitely choose them again however if you are really into special service small groups maybe go with Flamingo, having said that only one days we were more than 8 on a boat with Dive Provo

I just returned from Provo, and I'm surprised to read this reply about Flamingo being small groups. I did one dive with them on a beautiful powercat, but there were a LOT of divers. Beautiful cruising, but definitely not a small group. I did the rest of my dives with Provo Turtle, (monohull) and they were all small groups with very experienced divemasters. But the monohull would be a painful ride out as far as West Caicos. My PTD dives were all nearby.
I suspect your issue is going to be with mid-morning dives. I believe you'll find that all morning dives start around 8:30. But you will be back for mai-tais by 12:30 or so with Provo Turtle. If you take an 8:30 ish boat out of Flamingo to West Caicos, mai-tais would have to wait until about 3. But you'll have a better chance of seeing dolphins and whales.
I believe they all do pick ups at hotels, and they're all customer service oriented.
Don't ignore recommendations about 3 mil suits (minimum). A skin is fine for snorkeling, but the dives get cold. You may want a jacket for the post-dive ride home if you're likely to get chilled.

Flamingo Divers uses a small monohull, Caicos Adventures uses a large powercat. Their docks are next to each other down at south side marina. Flamingo divers only takes a maximum 8 divers since it is all there boat can take.

I will second baitballer - Flamingo only takes 8, it's not a big boat. Of course, they may have changed since we were there two years ago.

Bill

IMG_1158.jpg

I like Caicos Adventures and Dive Provo, in that order. Not impressed with Turtle Divers and have not tried Flamingo. Just make sure whichever op you choose takes you over to West Caicos to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom