Turkeyfish off Hawaii Kai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveWestOahu:
I've got 4 books that all have different names for them, which one is correct?? I just go by what my years of experience and thousands of dives with marine bioligists have told me, most notably richard pyle from the bishop museum who has about 3000 fish named after himself

This Dr. Pyle sounds like a great guy and a tremendous person to have as a resource. I find it interesting that he earned his PhD under the guidance of John E. Randall.

Again, my point is that if we use a common name followed by a scientific name, it eliminates the confusion.

I would have loved to have seen a turkeyfish/lionfish while I was in Kona doing my diving. We were at at least two sites where the Dive Masters had briefed us that there had been turkeyfish spotted in the area recently, but, I didn't find any.

Guess I will have to come back and keep looking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom