Tunnel under road in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
What is the hotel near El Cid that has a tunnel under
the road to a tiny beach and cove? Does any one know?

Only tunnel I know of is at Brisas

I just couldn't remember the name of the place.:)

I was reading on YaBBSE.com about a guy (BRULES) that just returned from there. He posted a link to some good photos from his trip.

That hotel has a walking path under the main road. There is a little cove with a beach & small bar & eating area as well. The cove is very calm and perfect for small children.

Hi, it is the Park Royal Hotel. We were just there the 4th to the 11 of August, and had a really good time there. Check out my web page for some pics of the property, and if you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me:

Click Here for Park Royal Pics

Just go tot the above and select the *Gallery*.

Oh and I am STILL kicking myself for forgeting to get pictures of the small beach area and the tunnel under the road!!! I got pics of just about everything else but that! Grrr!

Brules

Both Las Brisas & Park Royal have tunnels under the main waterfront road, but the one near to El Cid that leads to a tiny beach & cove is the one at Park Royal.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Sol Caribe had a tunnel that went to the little cove between them and La Cieba. I don't have a clue as to if those hotels are still functioning, but I'll bet the tunnel is still there. Removing that huge chunk of concrete would be a bear, and much more trouble than it's worth (unless the road collapsed in a storm). If the hotels are toast the tunnel location is just inshore and slightly south of the airplane wreck.

FT

La Ceiba is now El Cid and still operating.

Crown Paradise Sol Caribe is now Park Royal and still operating.

Stay golden.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom