Trip Report Tulum Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cathansen92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi,

I am just back from 4 weeks in Tulum, Mexico where I did my open water course with Green Divers Tulum and it was great.

I had booked my course before leaving home and had been in touch with the owner Marc Green who had explained all the steps of the course to me. I was working remotely while in Tulum so a flexible diving schedule was necessary for me and Green Divers was super accommodating with this.

When I got to Tulum, I met with them to put a face to the name and to get started on the theory.

We spent two days in Casa Cenote - Green Divers use this cenote instead of a pool which I loved. It is so pretty and interesting.

IMG_1059.JPG

This is where I learnt to dive :) Casa Cenote

During the 2 days I learnt skills, theory, and how to dive. We would go over every step until I felt comfortable before moving on to the next. They were super patient, very good at explaining the "technical" side of diving, and always made sure that I understood everything.

On the 3rd day of the course we went in the ocean which was quite a change from the calm Casa Cenote. But again I felt very safe and in good hands and I was given the time I needed to feel comfortable in salt water and I had two great dives in the ocean. I saw a turtle, lots of pretty fish, and a couple of moray eels.

I had an amazing time doing my open water course with Green Divers. So much so that I went cenote diving with them after finishing my course. We went to Dos Ojos. At first I was a bit apprehensive about going into the cavern, being a brand new diver but after a thorough safety briefing and going with a guide I knew and felt comfortable with, I had an awesome time. Dos Ojos is such a beautiful place and the dives were so cool. The water is so clear and the drip stone formations are stunning. I cant wait to go back to Tulum to dive in more cenotes.

After a few days off from diving, I decided I wanted more... So I also did my advanced open water course with them. And I loved it. Learning more about diving, becoming a better diver. We did the deep dive in Angelita which was scary and amazing at the same time. Angelita looks like something from another planet. It looks like a small lake but down below there is a cloud which makes it look like you are floating on air. Crazy dive. So happy I went for my advanced and got to experience this.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 10.41.39 AM.jpeg

I highly recommend Tulum and Green Divers Tulum - I had such a fabulous time in Tulum and a great time diving with Green Divers. They are very professional and offer a great and personalized service.

Happy diving

Cat

Congratulations on moving forward in a very measured pace.

We’ve done Casa Cenote a couple of times (as well as Angelita before there were steps).

Can I assume that at Casa, you didn’t go down the slope under the road to the warning sign?

Congratulations on moving forward in a very measured pace.

We’ve done Casa Cenote a couple of times (as well as Angelita before there were steps).

Can I assume that at Casa, you didn’t go down the slope under the road to the warning sign?
Thank you! I really loved it. I had so much fun diving. My instructor told me about the stop sign but we didn't go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom