Tulamben in January 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did early 29 Dec - 3 January 2019 and probably will go there end of January 2020.
as far I recall, there was 2-3 days of short raining but we did not lose any diving day. Not all dive site are diveable when raining. At the Pyramid Amed, was good at the beginning, then viz was getting worst where we have to cut our diving time to 40 min.

Thanks Wisnu, I am not expecting perfect conditions at this time of year so as long as its ok, thats good enough.
Thanks again.

Nope, unfortunately short stay, leaving T'ben on 29/12.
See you in Taiwan then :wink:

Who are you diving with, btw? Freelancer or regular op? (I can give you a name if you want sick supermacro and snooting expertise)
wow, hope to dive with you in the future!
I am going to dive with Adjix Dharma (and his team I guess)
It will be our first time diving on a 1:1 ratio :D
But I also really want to know the freelancer you recommend!

YES ....Ajiex Dharma is who Luko ( and me ) raccomend !!!:):wink:

You will be really happy to dive with Ajiex, especially if you are macro photographer.

All my best

Wow, I am looking forward to it so much!
Now I am wondering to bring my wide angle port and lens or not ...?

Better stay on macro . So you can really squeeze the power of Ajiex .

Great, I m currently diving with Ajiex, he's indeed the one I wanted to recommand you.
He told me he was hiring two more guides for his next customers, better you stick close to Ajiex and you'll have a ball !
Have your snoot and +15 addon lens ready. (Ajiex doesnt like wide angle, btw)

Wow, I am looking forward to it so much!
Now I am wondering to bring my wide angle port and lens or not ...?
If this your first time in Tulamben, I recommend to bring along your wide angle lens.
Even if the dive guide doesn't like wide angle, I'm pretty sure he will be able to show you the best spots in the wreck for wide angle. Just tell him what you like to shoot.
I dive the wreck dozens at least more than 50x and still love to take WA there. The soft coral is very beautiful particularly if there's small current in the morning dive.

If this your first time in Tulamben, I recommend to bring along your wide angle lens.
Even if the dive guide doesn't like wide angle, I'm pretty sure he will be able to show you the best spots in the wreck for wide angle. Just tell him what you like to shoot.
I dive the wreck dozens at least more than 50x and still love to take WA there. The soft coral is very beautiful particularly if there's small current in the morning dive.
The wreck is currently a misery after a month of 30-31C water temps. We dived it yesterday because i had a specific project;in mind, but it was really crap compared to what it used to be, it sometimes looked like it was scrapped out.,
Combine this to the fact that you'll see some Liberty wreck pix on George's link to his gallery and add on top that you it would be a waste to hire THE Tulamben's utmost macrophoto speciialist just to go around the wreck (while you could do it with any guide), i really don't think it's a good idea nowadays.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom