Tulamben in January 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wreck is currently a misery after a month of 30-31C water temps. We dived it yesterday because i had a specific project;in mind, but it was really crap compared to what it used to be, it sometimes looked like it was scrapped out.,
Combine this to the fact that you'll see some Liberty wreck pix on George's link to his gallery and add on top that you it would be a waste to hire THE Tulamben's utmost macrophoto speciialist just to go around the wreck (while you could do it with any guide), i really don't think it's a good idea nowadays.

Thanks for update.
Seem not very good. I'll see it end of January, certainly with WA lens.

Regarding the guide, I assume s/he will hire the guide for whole trip in Tulamben.
Of course, you can get any dive guide in tulamben easily, could be much cheaper, just to get around the wreck.

I am hardly an expert, but I am really concerned about the entire area. Im just back from Gili Air and the ocean wasn't warm, it was freaking hot...like not-at-all-refreshing hot...like hotter than I take a shower...

This cannot be good.

This cannot be good.

Agreed.
Coral has started slightly bleaching at some places in T'ben.

:(

So strange because mid January and into February last year, the water was ridiculously cold.

:(

So strange because mid January and into February last year, the water was ridiculously cold.
Yes I had temps in the 24-26C range last year exactly at the same period between Xmas and new year.
This year was really strange in Bali, August-sept was windy with such big waves the diving was canceled for a few days while it’s supposed to be calm seas.

Scientists have predicted on 80% probability 2020 should be a El Nino year btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom