Trip Report Tulamben, Bali, Oh So Nice To Be Back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was in Tulamben last October Chops and Hops, which was easily the best food in Tulamben pre-pandemic, was disappointing.
Martin -C&H's chef- was off several months due to very serious health issues.
He was back at Xmas time but not able to stand on his feet and cook, I hope now he's recoverd and fit enough to be back in charge in the kitchen.

Tulamben Trip Report, Supplemental

So I have been diving Tulamben for another week the first week of June. The weather has been great...sunny and hot during the day with the wind picking up a bit in the afternoon and evenings. The water conditions have been good, with slight to moderate waves along the shoreline entry points and 29° water. I had another wonderful stay at Wonder Dive, this time both staying and diving with them exclusively. As mentioned before, there are two "villa" type rooms and another with a come and go long term rental. If you come as two couples, you basically have the resort and dive center to yourself. As a single traveler, it's just as nice a stay. Wonder is a small local family run business so it's not fancy but comfortable and everything is neat and tidy. The beds are big and comfortable. The pool and gardens are a nice place to relax after dives. The included breakfast is simple, either eggs and toast or banana pancakes, with coffee or tea. There is no onsite restaurant but there are many within 5-10 minutes walk along Tulamben's main street. For around US$ 40 a nite I think it's good value.

As it's a small operation, the dive center works on the schedule of the guests. There is no set time or place for dives...it's up to the guests when and where they want to dive. Also, there is usually no more than 2-3 other divers and even then they will split up divers by interest and experience. During my 10 dives over the week, I never had more than one other person diving with me and most dives it was just me and my guide. You get all this for about US$ 30 a tank. This price is the norm in Tulamben but with bigger operators, you'll likely be diving in bigger groups. I have nothing but good memories of both the resort, the staff, and the diving.

A small sample of the amazing macro and more from my dives with the dive guides at Wonder Dive...

16858397022361758352958.jpg
16857855172661714238383.jpg
16857806312021031770887.jpg
168577861194148570922.jpg
1685698771879-1619734278.jpg

Back
Top Bottom