Tulamben--any dive operators to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba chick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning to dive Tulamben, bali --have only a day there at the end of Oct.
Does anyone have any recommendations for dive operators there? Have dived with Mimpi before but was wondering if the other operators there have better rates and are equally professional. Any information would be of great help!

Scuba Chick,

I PMed you the contact info for Joe. If anyone knows if Joe is still at Blue Water, let us know. I went diving with him in March of 2003. Really cool guy. Fun to dive with and very safe.

Enjoy,

Ron

scuba chick:
Does anyone have any recommendations for dive operators there? Have dived with Mimpi before but was wondering if the other operators there have better rates and are equally professional. Any information would be of great help!

scuba chick:

I dived several times with Tauch Teminal - Hotel is nice, food is good, good air fills, they are closer to the wreck than Mimpi and much cheaper

I dive there every year or so and usually stay at a little place on the beach called Mata Hari. Its about halfway between the wreck and the wall. It costs about eight bucks a night and has a little pool with a swim up bar and a little dive shop out by the road. If you are comfortable diving alone or just with a friend you can rent a tank for a few bucks, pay one of the porters to carry it down the beach, and dive anytime you want. I you want to go with a guide, or need to rent equipment, they can handle that too. I love the place 'cause my kids are happy there, and I can get away easy and dive my brains out for cheap. I have their number at home in my log book (right now I am working!) if you want it.

Cheers, Tim

I dive there every year or so and usually stay at a little place on the beach called Mata Hari. Its about halfway between the wreck and the wall. It costs about eight bucks a night and has a little pool with a swim up bar and a little dive shop out by the road. If you are comfortable diving alone or just with a friend you can rent a tank for a few bucks, pay one of the porters to carry it down the beach, and dive anytime you want. I you want to go with a guide, or need to rent equipment, they can handle that too. I love the place 'cause my kids are happy there, and I can get away easy and dive my brains out for cheap. I have their number at home in my log book (right now I am working!) if you want it.

Cheers, Tim

I too am off to Bali in October and that place sounds ideal for what I'm looking for, if you could hunt out that number it would be apreciated.

sorry for hijacking your thread scuba chick

doctorsi

I dove with Tauch Terminal. Reasonable price, good service, great diving. They picked me up at the airport and brought me to the resort. Then when I was done they delivered me to my next destination. You can find them on the web. I would go with them again.

As you only have one day to dive Tulamben, you might want to have a company come and pick you up from your hotel in the south, take you up there for two dives and lunch, and bring you back again.

Alternatively, if you have your own transport (allow about three hours to drive up there) I'd suggest you use Paradise: as you enter Tulamben (it's a small village) there's Mimpi on the right, then Tulamben Cafe, and then a turning in to Paradise Palm Beach Bungalows - they have clean air, good basic food and a knowledgeable dive guide (Ketut).

They have great nasi campur for lunch.

Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom