Tulamben--any dive operators to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry it took me a while to get the info. The place I stay is Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort. The number is (62) 363 22916.

Wherever you stay, I am sure you will enjoy it in Tulemben. I think I will go again myself in late October.

doctorsi:
I too am off to Bali in October and that place sounds ideal for what I'm looking for, if you could hunt out that number it would be apreciated.

sorry for hijacking your thread scuba chick

doctorsi

Sorry it took me a while to get the info. The place I stay is Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort. The number is (62) 363 22916.

Wherever you stay, I am sure you will enjoy it in Tulemben. I think I will go again myself in late October.

Thanks all for your recommendations.
Will be busy calling / emailing to these dive resorts!

Try Tulamben Wreck Divers, http://www.tulambenwreckdivers.com they have been open only one year, but have a new approach to diving in the area. We dived with them in July and saw lots of new dive sites. They have THE best resort in Tulamben with very good prices. Only 7 rooms but absolutely the biggest rooms, a beautiful pool, and the friendliest staff in Tulamben. Owned by Australian husband & wife Tony & Dot Medcraft who pioneered the Whale Shark diving at Ningaloo in Western Australia. They have been visiting Tulamben since the early 80's and now live there. The wreck is very close to the shop and they have set themselves up to cater to individual needs.
Regards - Jeff

SG_Michael:
Which is ....?
In one word "Exploration" is the new approach by Tulamben Wreck Divers, they are constantly looking for new sites. I dived 4 new shore based locations that are within a few kilometres of Tulamben. All of them are fantastic with no other divers in sight :wink:
- Jeff

Scuba Chick, I realize that you only have one day but next time in Bali you should consider doing a couple of days a few islands to the East in East Timor.

We have over 25 shore dive sites less than 45 km away. I have not been diving in Bali but compared to Bunaken Marine Park, the corals here seem more abundant and in better health.

For any of you who are interested, send me a PM, through our dive club www.timordivers.net you will have no problems finding a dive buddy. The diving here is awesome!! Come check it out.

Nick

Reefwalker:
In one word "Exploration" is the new approach by Tulamben Wreck Divers, they are constantly looking for new sites. I dived 4 new shore based locations that are within a few kilometres of Tulamben. All of them are fantastic with no other divers in sight :wink:
- Jeff

What type of sites are these ? Is it muck / macro diving - Any specifics ? Need o sart planning my next trip to bali

http://www.thejakartapost.com/detaillatestnews.asp?fileid=20040923150109&irec=7

An Indonesian warship attempted to chase away foreign divers it apparently believed had strayed into Indonesian waters near an East Timorese island.

The incident occurred last Sunday when the warship KRI 882 confronted the divers operating from a boat about 100 meters (330 feet) off the north shore of East Timor's Atauro island.

"according to the divers, the warship came straight to them"

Were these guys diving with your shop? You got any more information? It'll be a good story to tell in the bar afterwards anyway.

SG_Michael:
http://www.thejakartapost.com/detaillatestnews.asp?fileid=20040923150109&irec=7

An Indonesian warship attempted to chase away foreign divers it apparently believed had strayed into Indonesian waters near an East Timorese island.

The incident occurred last Sunday when the warship KRI 882 confronted the divers operating from a boat about 100 meters (330 feet) off the north shore of East Timor's Atauro island.

"according to the divers, the warship came straight to them"

Were these guys diving with your shop? You got any more information? It'll be a good story to tell in the bar afterwards anyway.

Sounds interesting....want to know more....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom