Tulamben--any dive operators to recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaMarine Diving - Bali:
As you only have one day to dive Tulamben, you might want to have a company come and pick you up from your hotel in the south, take you up there for two dives and lunch, and bring you back again.

Alternatively, if you have your own transport (allow about three hours to drive up there) I'd suggest you use Paradise: as you enter Tulamben (it's a small village) there's Mimpi on the right, then Tulamben Cafe, and then a turning in to Paradise Palm Beach Bungalows - they have clean air, good basic food and a knowledgeable dive guide (Ketut).

They have great nasi campur for lunch.

Have a great day!

LOL - I was just about to post a reply about this great dive outfit I hooked up with when I was in Bali ... then I realized ... that's you guys!

I had great experiences with AquaMarine ... and Tulamben remains my all-time favorite dive site. We stayed at the Paradise, and it lived up to its name.

Tulamben's got a bit of everything. Been almost three years, and half a planet away ... and I'm still dreaming about going back.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

frogfish:
What type of sites are these ? Is it muck / macro diving - Any specifics ? Need o sart planning my next trip to bali
Frogfish -
A mixture of macro, muck, wide angle, even a small cave on one dive. Check out some of my pics to give you an idea, these were taken on my July trip - http://au.photos.yahoo.com/morereefimages See the Bali Album, most of the shots here are taken in the vicinity of Tulamben, some are at Menjangan.
- Jeff

Travelm,

I'll also be going to Bali at the end of the month. I was very interested in diving with Ena Divers because of the resort I'll be staying at. I will be diving solo, but I wanted to ask you about any extra charges. Did they charge you extra for being a solo customer? Did they have a schedule?

I'll get about 4 days of diving, I hope. It's pretty sad since I'll be there for two weeks! I have to play daddy for the second week. I will most likely go to Tulumben on my own. Just rent some tanks and dive. Any suggestions here?

Chris

Take your family. Stay in a nice hotel on the beach. Rent a tank and dive whenever the kids fall asleep, play in the pool, in the sand (or rocks, as the case may be), whatever. The freedom of shorediving without a guide or fixed schedule is the reason I go there all the time. You can do great night dives as well. Kids asleep at eight, wife reading, I slip out of the room, 100 meters to the water, and gone. Amazingly peaceful (except for the other divers). Tim

Back
Top Bottom