Tulamben/Amed or Gilli Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

handel27

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

Doing Bali in June and trying to decide the better place for four days of diving. Wife loves the muck and I'm good as long as I'm neutral. Son, 14, will complete SD-to-OW course. Your thoughts?

thanks!

.Nelson

Both are great you can't go wrong. Gili Air is a chill place and it's nice not to have cars around.

---------- Post added May 6th, 2015 at 05:43 PM ----------

Oh yeah, I didn't go to Amed but according to most people I talked to on the Bali/Lembongan/Gili tour it was a highlight.
Just stay away from Gili T.

For the best diving Tulmben/ Amed is the place, especially since your wife loves muck .Gilli Air is a great little island to relax on. The diving around the Gillis is worth getting wet but pales in comparison to Tulamben.
I hit up Tulamben for my main diving then when I stay on Gilli Air I make an afternoon dive when I get restless.

I dived in Tulamben last June and the conditions and critters were fabulous. There is plenty of muck diving too; Tiyanyar near Kubu just north of Tulamben and Sereya Secrets to the south of the place are probably the best known, but the local guides know other sides which are not mentioned in guides.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom