Tug Sheridan and USCG Blackthorn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report MissD but, you forgot the little Arrow crab :14:

P8020033.jpg

CBulla:
note to self - invite misD on my sailboat for dive trips... she makes good SIT snacks!

Well, I guess I should confess :25: Famous Amos made the cookies :) But hey, I will take the cred for the other, thank you.

Oh when does that sailboat leave, lol?

Missdirected:
As many know, my camera is floating to Texas :sad:

If we find it, we'll be sure to get it back to you... :)

The sailboat leaves as soon as I get the opportunity to give the motor a good once over and make sure she starts when I want her to start... the rigging is being checked over to ensure its either good or needs to be replaced. The rest is me cleaning and buffing gel coat and putting her pretty new name on: Gypsy Wynd

If you want to see what type of sailer she is, its a Westerly Centaur

This one was built in 1970 and has a Volvo diesel inboard installed (it wasn't vogue to do that then but this one was!) for non sail power. It's 26' long, has 2 keels, and designed for one person to handle in rough seas and high winds.. so she aint fast (5-6 knots with full sails), but can take on most anything thrown at her! According to the owners of my boat she's sailed across the Atlantic 5 times under their ownership. Oh, and according to the owners manual, she sleeps six.. I would say 4 comfy, 5 if someone slept in a hammock under the boom on the aft deck.. hmm.. 6 or 7 if folks slept above decks!

OK.. enough hijack of this thread... :)

CoolTech:
Excellent Report!

You're really making progress with those reports, mis.

We will have to make you the official Tampa Dive Scribe :D

I 2nd the motion, all in favor say "I" or "aye" or something like that......

CBulla, nice ride! I like sailboats. I had a 21 foot columbia before I got the boat I have now. I used the kicker to get around because I never did learn to sail, and the rigging wasn't to "sturdy".

It's official.....MD is now the Tampa Dive Scribe!

Of course we will be expecting timely and precise reports:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom