Tug Sheridan and USCG Blackthorn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N@rco$i$:
I 2nd the motion, all in favor say "I" or "aye" or something like that......

CBulla, nice ride! I like sailboats. I had a 21 foot columbia before I got the boat I have now. I used the kicker to get around because I never did learn to sail, and the rigging wasn't to "sturdy".

Scribe nothing - food and BEvERage coordinator!

I procrastinated today.. I was going to check it out and get the ole motor to run and the storms showed up late morning... the afternoon was already full of obligations. Tomorrow morning it is! Maybe sailing Sunday!

Nice pictures. I dove the Sheridan for the first time about a month ago. The dive was pretty uneventiful until the point when I almost answered the age-old question of whether it sinks or floats, if you know what I mean.

There is an open section, or hold, or whatever, at the back of the tug. It was a little murky that day and we could barely see into the hold. We kept moving in until we saw this big pair of floating lips that made no sense. I figured it was something that just looked like lips. So we got closer and closer. The next thing I know I'm staring into the face of a DAMN big goliath grouper from about two foot away. I just about swallowed my regulator. And the grouper is getting all twitchy because it probably feels cornered.

Very, very cool. The fish also had leaders hanging out of the corners of it's mouth. I swear it looked like a catfish with whiskers.

Nice recap! I've always enjoyed the Tug Sheridan. The cup corals (in the posted photo with the sea cucumber) are always a favorite of mine to spot in the Gulf as well as other corals and invertebrates. Of course, the big show is usually the goliaths. (sigh) Yep, it's time for me to get out there again.

mind if i join the madness here im from st pete area i saw you did dives on weekdays (my only days of wink wink) just saying hi and introducing myself. sorry for juming in but here i am.
Dennis

Enough of the chit-chat... let's get back to Missdirected's new Scribe position!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom