tuff as nails .. gear that won't die

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair of XL Jetfins I bought new in 1985, as well as a 1985 vintage Scubapro Mk 3 that I updated with a DIN connection and still use as a deco reg and 3 of my 23 tanks were steel 72's dating from the late 60's to mid seventies that I bought used in the mid 80's.

I also have a few 1958-1960 vintage double hose regs that are still in functional condition.

I have all my gear that I bought in 1988. My Scubapro Jets, Scubapro Sport Classic BC, snorkel, MK200/G200/Air2. Never had any trouble with them. If the piston ever goes on my MK200, it's history. There are no more available.

I did see some Jets that were worn out once. They were FredT's wife, Jeanie's (I think that's her name) fins. Wore a hole right through the top of the foot pocket.

Walter has worn out several Scubapro BC's even the one that is rubberized on the outside.

Zeagle BC's . . . .

Actually, I had to replace my Jet Fins in the early 90's. Some SOB stole my original pair. I do have a pair of Duck Feet, two bottles from 1955 (both in regular use), a couple od double hoses, one from 55, the other from the early 60's. I have my Sherwood Magnum I bought in 83 and my MK 10/G250 I bought in 86. That's what comes to mind without rooting through my gear.

I still have (and use) a custom wetsuit from SAS that I got in 1989. It's not ancient, but for old neoprene that gets used regularly, it's in remarkably good shape. Other than a drop of Aquaseal on an unraveling seam, it's almost as good as new.

I'll vote for the MR12. Still around and damned simple to work on.

Scuba Pro Mk10 as well.

Scott

Lets see...the MR12, Aqua-Lung Conshelf (pick one), Scubapro Jet Fins and Scubapro Seawings, love them both. Scubapro's Finseal jackets, USD Rockets. Scubapro's G250, and my 20 year old Orca Skinny Dipper Mark II computer which I still use. This computer follows todays recreational dive planner to a tee, and was developed 20 some odd years ago. Oh, and let us not forget the "bulletproof" Dacor Pacer regulator series, and Sherwood's Dry-Air-Bleed first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom