Tuesday's Photo ~ Topside "Place I'd rather be."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The temperature outside is 99º today and all I can think of is the cool turquoise water surrounding my bungalow at CoCo View Resort in Roatan, Honduras.

Where's the place you had rather be today?

aah.sized.jpg

aan.sized.jpg

aac.jpg

I'm right where I want to be... Catalina Island... until winter when the water cools down to the lower 50's and I head for the tropics or subtropics!

"Follow your bliss" (Joseph Campbell)

Dr. Bill

Lucky you!

Very humid and big Thunderboomers right now
...if fact the rest of the week

fb79474d.jpg

fb794751.jpg

fb79475a.jpg

fb79474a.jpg

I love topside tuesdays :)

Not really a matter of luck, Dee (although I do consider myself fortunate- mainly for having good health at my age). I simply made different decisions in my life than most others. I elected not to have children (wasn't sure I would devote the time to raise them properly). I am still single (not entirely by choice!). Therefore my expenses are much lower than most. I am willing to accept an economically "lower" standard of living than many so that I am able to pursue a lifestyle with high quality of living... like diving whenever I wish. I don't want to wait for retirement to enjoy life.

It's all a matter of choices. I should add that I've never made more than $80,000 a year and usually FAR less than that. I lived well within my means and saved. Anyone making the same choices could do likewise.

Dr. Bill

G'day,
Wheeler cay on a beautiful spring day GBR....... BEAUTIFUL.

fergy

Dont'cha just love the different colors of the water?

drbill once bubbled...
..I simply made different decisions in my life than most others. I elected not to have children (wasn't sure I would devote the time to raise them properly). Dr. Bill

We're with ya there, we made the same conscious decision and haven't regretted. Although we have lost friends over the years because of it. When we were younger, friends came to resent us because we could do so many things they couldn't, not only financially but because we didn't have child care to deal with. Then in these last few years, we've also lost friends who are now having grandchildren. They are either raising these grandchildren or spending every available moment with them so once again, we've lost friends who have no time to themselves. And we are tired of spending our time with children we chose not to have years ago.

Ahhhh ... topside Tuesday:

Ambergris Caye, Belize

Dee.. funny thing is that last week I met a 19-year old young man who may well be my son. His mother kept it from me, preferring to have another listed as the child's father. Now she claims otherwise and I think I agree. The family resemblance is uncanny and I think even without the paternity test, I know have a fully grown son. We hit it off from the minute I met him at the boat. He doesn't dive yet, but he's a water person. What an interesting twist in my life!

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom